THEATREFEST 2017 MOODY GARDENS HOTEL – GALVESTON
JANUARY 25 - 28, 2017
The Texas Educational Theatre Association, Inc. is hosting our very successful Convention for the first time at the luxurious Moody Gardens Hotel in Galveston!! Reasons to join us:
- Due to popular request, Convention has been moved back to Wednesday through Saturday. Sundays are back to being yours!
- Free internet throughout the Hotel and Convention Center! This saves vendors about $740!!
- Free Hotel parking! This saves vendors about $100.
- Rooms are only $129!! This saves vendors about $300.
- Total potential savings would be about $1,140 from last year!!
- Exhibit booths be held in the largest portion of the Moody Garden’s Convention Center!
- Continental breakfast for Exhibitors will continue this year.
- TETA students to assist you with loading and unloading! Also on hand to assist during each day.
- Exhibitor Reception!
To view the current Exhibit Assignments :
2017 TETA Exhibit Booth Assignments 1-11-17 (Chart)
2017 TETA TheatreFest Exhibitors 8-27-16 (List)
This year we have some exciting changes!! In the past, registering for the Convention was complicated and confusing! There were 13 different ways to register for the Convention. We have combined and simplified registration. Now, all parts of Convention begins with individual registration. Exhibits, Auditions, DesignFest, PlayFest, all start with a single person registering for the Convention. All are considered as add-ons to registration.
As for Exhibits, the following changes have been made:
- To register for an Exhibit booth(s), an individual starts by registering for the Convention.
- Everyone attending the Convention will now be required to register.
- Commercial and Non-Institutional Members
- Cost of a booth was $600 for an early bird registration for a Commercial Exhibitor and Non-Institutional Members. This allowed two individuals to work the Exhibit booth, but not attend the Convention.
- This year, we have reduced the cost of the first booth to $300. This pretty much covers the cost of these two individuals now registering for the Convention.
- Each additional Exhibit booth registered by the individual will cost $500.
- After Dec. 15th, the booth will raise to $500 for the first booth, and $700 for each additional booth.
- Institutional Members
- Cost of the IM booth was $200, and the IM school had to pay $200 IM Membership. This totaled $400. All who worked the Exhibit booth was already required to register for the Convention.
- This year we have disbanded the Institutional Membership and created a Texas Exemplary Institution recognition program. This means there will no longer be a $200 fee for being an IM member.
- The cost of the Exhibit booth will be the same as the Commercial booth of $300 for the first booth and $500 for each additional booth.
- Doing away with the $200 IM fee and raising the cost of the Exhibit booth will even out to a savings for the past IM member.
- Basically, there are no more distinctions between a Commercial and IM booth.
- We are excited about the changes!!
Note: All booths include one 8’x10’ booth, 8’ drapes, one 6’ table, two chairs and one waste basket. Booth assignments will be made on a first come first serve basis after the vendors that are sponsoring events at the Convention have been scheduled. All vendors who have made full payment will be notified of booth assignment by Nov.15.
Proposed Exhibit Convention Schedule Open to the Convention Participants
Wednesday, Jan. 25 – 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.; Thursday, Jan. 26 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday, Jan. 27 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday, Jan. 28 - 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Exhibit Load-In Schedule
Freeman will construct all booths on Tuesday, January 24. This will make way for the Exhibition Hall to be available on Wednesday, January 25, for exhibitors to set up. Students will be available to guard your belongings while you are making trips from the loading dock. Some students will be available for the set up and strike.
Moody Gardens Hotel and Freeman highly recommend that exhibitors ship materials directly to Freeman. Freeman will then have all of your materials waiting at your booth when you arrive. This will save you time, and will cut down traffic congestion at the dock. Contact Freeman for the cost of this service. DO NOT SEND YOUR EXHIBIT MATERIALS TO MOODY GARDENS.
If you plan on unloading materials yourself, the loading dock will only be available to you during the schedule listed below. A colored pass will be sent to you for unloading purposes. A loading dock foreman will be on hand to direct traffic of the loading elevator, and will be checking passes for the correct unloading time. Should you miss your scheduled time, you will not be able to unload during another time. Instead, you can unload during the “open” time and/or during the actual Convention.
2017 TETA Convention Loading Dock Schedule:
January 24, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. - Freeman Set Up of Exhibits and Three Performance Spaces
5 p.m. - 10 p.m. - Specific Vendors Set Up Two Performance Spaces (Freeman available to advise)
January 25, 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. – Commercial Exhibitors Set Up (Red Pass)
1 p.m. - 3 p.m. - College/University Exhibitors, Performers & DesignFest Set Up (Blue Pass)
3 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Open Loading Dock Time (Red and Blue Passes)
5 p.m. - 9 p.m. - Exhibit Area Open to Convention Participants
9:30 p.m. - 11 p.m. - TETA Exhibitor Reception
What To Do Now
Go to TETA Convention Page - http://www.tetatx.com/home/conventions/theatrefest
Pay TETA membership (Required prior to Convention registration)
Register for the Convention
Reserve a hotel room at Moody Gardens (only 400 of the 600 rooms per night needed for the Convention will be at Moody – We will sell out! Other hotels will be listed at a later time)
For Further Information
About exhibiting, please contact Mr. Jay Thomas at: Email: Jay.Thomas@sjcd.edu or call 281-476-1829
For an updated map of which exhibit booth spaces are available, go to www.sjcd.edu/TETA
About exhibits or Convention operations, please contact Dr. Jerry Ivins, 2016 Co-Convention Director,
at 281-542-2039 or email email@example.com.
About Convention workshops and/or programming, please contact Ms. Missey Head, 2015 Co-
Convention Director, at HeadJ@lisd.net
Past Convention Exhibits were sold out!! Please register ASAP. WE HOPE TO SEE YOU IN Galveston!!!!