Policies and Procedures
TERMS and CONDITIONS: (click here for downloadable document)
INVOICES and PAYMENTS:
- Seller shall submit separate invoices, in duplicate, on each purchase order after each delivery. Invoices shall indicate the purchase order number. Invoices shall be itemized and transportation charges, if any, shall be listed separately. A copy of the bill of lading, and the freight waybill when applicable, should be attached to the invoice. Mail above documentation to Accounts Payable, 4624 Fairmont Parkway, Suite 108, Pasadena, TX, 77504-3398. Payment shall not be due until the above instruments are submitted after delivery. Vendor shall keep the Accounts Payable Department advised of any changes in remittance addresses.
- Buyer's obligation is payable only and solely from funds available for the purchase of this purchase. Lack of funds shall render this contract null and void to the extent funds are not available and any delivered goods by unpaid invoices will be returned to Seller by Buyer.
- Do not include Federal Excise, State or City Sales Tax. District shall furnish tax exemption certificate.
- Generally, payment will be made within thirty (30) calendar days after receipt of a properly prepared invoice or acceptance of the goods or services, whichever is later. Payment shall be considered made when SJC deposits the Contractor's payment in the mail or the date on which an electronic transfer of funds occurs.
Please note: FOB Destination Freight Pre-paid unless terms are specified otherwise.
Policy V-B General Policy and Guidelines on Purchasing
Requirements for purchasing practices are governed by the laws of the State of Texas. All District purchases will comply with state statutes as well as the requirements of the San Jacinto College District Purchasing Guidelines Manual.
All purchases must be made in the name of the San Jacinto College District. The District shall assume responsibility for debts incurred in the name of the District so long as those debts are for purchases made in accordance with adopted Board policy and current administrative procedures regarding contracting and purchasing. The District shall not be responsible for debts incurred by persons or organizations not directly under District control. The District shall not be responsible for any other unauthorized purchase or debt. All vendors are charged with the responsibility to discover an individual or an organization's authority before any purchase, contract or debt is incurred. Persons making unauthorized purchases shall assume full responsibility for all such debts.
See Section 2-13 - Purchasing Procedure
Policy V-C Policy on Bidding
The college follows state regulations in processing bids for the purchase of goods and services. The college Chancellor is responsible for securing bids according to state law and Board of Trustees policy. In emergency situations, as defined in the Rules, Regulations, Procedures and Interpretations, the formal competitive bidding process need not be followed. The general procedures for such an emergency are in the Rules, Regulations, Procedures and Interpretations.
See Section 2-14 - Purchasing Procedure
Policy V-M Policy on Contract Compliance
It is the policy of San Jacinto College that all contracts entered into by SJCD and all those involved in the procurement process must comply with applicable laws, policies, and procedures and shall perform their responsibilities in a fiscally prudent and ethical manner. The Board of Trustees delegates to the office of the Vice Chancellor of Fiscal Affairs the authority to implement and administer appropriate procedures to enforce this policy.
Purchasing Ethics Statement
1. Demand ethical practices from all participants in the purchasing process.
2. Strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure.
3. Foster a transparent environment by being fair and reasonable in all dealings.
4. Promote positive relationships by providing all competitive vendors courteous, fair and equal treatment.
5. Make reasonable efforts to negotiate equitable and mutually agreeable settlements of controversies with vendors.
6. Under no circumstances accept directly or indirectly gifts, gratuities or other things of value that might influence, or appear to influence, purchasing decisions.
7. Avoid involvement in any activity that could be considered to be a conflict between personal interests and the interests of SJCCD.
8. Know and obey the State of Texas laws and SJCCD policies governing the purchasing function and remain alert to the legal ramifications of purchasing decisions.
9. Retain all nonpublic information in a confidential manner.
Policy V-C Policy on Bidding
The college follows state regulations in processing bids for the purchase of goods and services. The college Chancellor is responsible for securing bids according to state law and Board of Trustees policy. In emergency situations, as defined in the Rules, Regulations, Procedures and Interpretations, the formal competitive bidding process need not be followed. The general procedures for such and emergency are in the Rules, Regulations, Procedures and Interpretations.