Procedure 2-17: Copy Center Services
The Copy Center provides copies of instructional materials within 24 hours and follows these guidelines: (Last minute requests are on a "First come first serve" basics.)
- The Copy Center copies class handouts, tests, flyers, memos, forms and syllabus. The Copy center places highest priority on copying test and class material.
- The copy machines used in the Center are high-speed, high-volume machines and are not conductive to single sheets copying by manually placing originals on the glass. Thus, it is the responsibility of the user to have the originals ready so the Copy Center Clerk may place them in the auto feeder. It is NOT the responsibility of the Clerk to cut and paste, use whiteout, REMOVE STAPLES or prepare originals or make copies from bound books, newspaper or magazine article. If the book or document is “Copywriter”, please get a letter of authorization from the writer or publisher. No job will be copied without the proper authorization.
- Request for copies are made using a Copy Request Form signed by the originator; fill in as much information as possible. You can get the form at the Copy Center. The Banner codes must be submitted with the Copy Request Form. Order will not be processed unless form is complete with all the proper codes. This tells the Copy Center which department is receiving the charge-back for the copy job.
- Jobs sent to the Copy Center should be no larger than 5,000 single-sided sheets or 2,500 double-sided sheets. Largest jobs or books require more time to be copied. The Copy Center supervisor Blanca Strode at 281-476-1876, or voice mail 1615 Must approve request for larger jobs. The current cost per copy is (.03). This cost will remain effective through August 31, 2005. If a rate change is warranted, you will be notified prior to the 2006-2007 fiscal year.
- The Copy Center makes copies; from one or two sided originals, on legal or letter size paper, 3- hole punched paper or on color paper. Also enlarged or reduced copy, page numbers on books or large documents. Delete borders, do margin adjustment, Insert (at a cost) front and back covers on books and color slip-sheets as designated by requestor. Combine two or more originals into one copy. Count originals for you and copy onto transparencies.
- Copy Center Hours are 8:00 A.M. -7:00 P.M., Monday - Thursday and 8:00 A.M.- 5:00 P.M. on Fridays. Closed for lunch 12:00 P.M.-1:00 P.M. You can e-mail your jobs to us. No more than 25 originals when you e-mail a copy request.
Copy Center Services