Welcome to your Balance U Wellness Program!
New Member? Register Now!
- Go to www.wellworksforyoulogin.com
- Click the link to create an account as a New Member
- Enter your COMPANY ID: 10488
- Create a Username and Password
- Accept the terms of the Consent Form
- Enter the required Personal Information
Wondering how many points you have earned throughout the year?
- Log into your Wellness Portal (www.wellworksforyoulogin.com)
- Go to the ‘My Profile’ tab at the top of the page and click ‘ResultsNow’
Please allow at least 4 weeks for participation to be updated in the portal after completing an activity. The General Health\ Assessment and Walking Challenge participation will be updated AFTER the May 1 deadline. If there are any discrepancies with your participation, please contact Pam at email@example.com.
San Jacinto College is excited to announce the new wellness program for 2014!
The College believes that the physical, mental and emotional health of its employees is of the utmost importance. A comprehensive wellness program is offered to all full-time employees providing a wide variety of activities that educate, support and empower employees to improve and maintain their overall health and well-being through healthy lifestyle choices.
An effective wellness program creates a healthy workplace climate, which encourages teamwork, cooperation, and empowerment of the individual. Individuals will have a sense of community, a shared vision, and a positive outlook.
- Effective programs create a culture that encourages wellness.
- Effective programs work at the group and organizational level to build support for healthful lifestyle choices.
- Effective programs set clear target objectives and objectives for the health improvement of the worksite.
Research indicates that walking just 30 minutes a day has a variety of positive health effects:
- 14% reduction in heart disease
- 40% reduction in breast cancer recurrence and mortality
- 50% reduction in colorectal cancer recurrence and mortality
- 25 to 40% reduction in diabetes-related kidney and eye disease
- 15 to 20% reduction in heart attack and stroke occurrences
Contact the Balance U Coordinators
Central Campus and District
281-998-6150 ext. 7157
281-998-6150 ext. 3261