A Few More Facts You May Need
All records and conversations between you, your family and our Financial Aid Office staff are confidential. Other than directory information, no personally identifiable information will be released to anyone outside our offices without your permission, in accordance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act.
The programs, policies, and information contained herein are subject to change without notice and are intended for information only.
Okay, we have to say that. But you can stay abreast of anything regarding financial aid programs and relevant policies by doing one simple thing: keep in touch. Our Financial Aid Office staff is happy to field your questions at any time and help you with anything you need.
As a participant in the Federal Direct Loan Program, San Jacinto College processes federal loans directly through the federal government. SJC is committed to the following best practices with respect to private loans:
- SJC will not enter into any revenue-sharing arrangement with any lender.
- SJC and its employees whose work relates to financial aid will not solicit any gift and will not accept any gift of more than a nominal value from student loan companies, guaranty agencies, or loan servicers.
- SJC will not assign a borrower’s loan to a particular lender or refuse or delay certification of a loan based on a borrower’s selection of a lender or servicer.
- SJC will not request or accept from any lender an offer for student loan funds in exchange for a promise of a certain number of loans or a specified loan volume.
- SJC will not allow employees of student loan companies to staff its Financial Aid Office or other financial aid offices or to answer student or parent calls.
- SJC employees whose work relates to financial aid will not accept any fee, stipend, honorarium, or other payment to consult for or provide services to a lender guaranty agency or loan servicer.
- SJC employees whose work relates to financial aid may serve on an advisory board, commission, or group established by a lender, guarantor, or group of lenders or guarantors; however, will not accept anything of value (other than reimbursement for reasonable expenses) for such service.