Dual Credit at South Campus
Dual Credit is a form of concurrent enrollment allowing a student to take certain courses at San Jacinto College that earn both college and high school credit. Typically, students take two courses a semester while in high school. By doing this, students can graduate from high school with 24+ hours of college credit! You can earn even more by taking summer courses.
Dual Credit at San Jacinto College is affordable. You pay only 25% of tuition and fees for certain classes that count toward both high school and college, and you may even be covered for that amount if you qualify for the Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG). Check with your high school counselor, the Dual Credit Office, or SJC Financial Aid for more information.
- Earn transferable college credit from an accredited institution to JUMP START a baccalaureate degree.
- Reduce the number of college classes you’ll have to take after high school graduation.
- Increased confidence for College Success.
- Facilitates the transition between high school and college.
- Utilize college resource and services, including the library, computer labs, and tutoring services.
- Participate in college campus activities.
School Districts With Dual Credit Agreements With South Campus
Clear Creek ISD
Early College High School
Prior to completing the admission's processes at San Jacinto College, students should meet with their high school counselor for additional details regarding how to register for dual credit courses.
To apply for a dual credit class, students will need to meet the necessary student eligibility requirements and then submit the following prior to or when registering:
1. Apply Online through ApplyTexas
2. Fulfill Testing Requirements
- If you are required to take the TSI Assessment, please submit the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA) online and study the test preparation resources prior to taking the assessment.
3. Provide Proof of Bacterial Meningitis Immunization
- Meet the Meningitis Requirement and submit proof to the Office of Enrollment Services.
4. Complete the Dual Credit Request Form
- The form must indicate the college classes that you need to take and be signed by the student, parent, and high school counselor or designee.
5. Register for Classes
- Students must visit the Dual Credit office in person to register. Dual Credit students do not have access to web/phone registration.
- Students, who come to register and want to take a class other than reserved dual credit sections, will need to have in mind the day and time of the classes they desire. To speed up the registration process, you can view a list of available courses by searching our Course Finder. Here you can access specific CRNs (Course Reference Numbers) associated with classes. Bring the five-digit CRN numbers with you when you come to register.
6. Pay for Classes
- Once a student has been registered, they will be given the 75% fee waiver if applicable. The remaining balance is due immediately to avoid being dropped from classes. Payment plans are available.
- Financial Aid - If you're in high school and enroll in dual credit classes, you may apply for a TPEG to cover your share of the tuition and fees. You must complete the TASFA or a paper version of the FAFSA and submit income documents along with your TPEG dual credit application at one of our campus Financial Aid Offices
7. Purchase Textbook from the SJC Bookstore
Below is a list of schools that we completed parent nights for. Click on the school name to find a copy of the presentation that was given.
- CareerTechnical HS _2016-2017 Parent Presentation.pdf
- Clear Brook_HS _2016-2017 Parent Presentation.pdf
- J Frank Dobie HS _2016-2017 Parent Presentation.pdf
- Lutheran South Academy_2016_2017 Parent Presentation.pdf
- South Houston_HS _2016-2017 Parent Presentation.pdf
- SJC South Campus - Cosmetology Dual Credit Program Flyer_0516.pdf
Blackboard – The direct link between you and your instructors.
SOS Login – Access your current schedule, make online payments, request transcripts, etc.
San Jac Email – Access your San Jac email account.
My San Jac GPS – Track your progress towards degree completion.