Dual Credit at South Campus
Dual Credit is a form of concurrent enrollment allowing a student to take certain courses at San Jacinto College that earns both college and high school credit. Typically, students take two courses in the fall semester and two more in the spring for both their junior and senior year of high school. By doing this, students can graduate from high school with up to 24 hours of college credit! You can earn even more by taking summer courses.
Dual Credit at San Jacinto College is affordable. You pay only 30% of tuition and fees for classes that count toward both high school and college, and you may even be covered for that amount if you qualify for the Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG). Check with your high school counselor, the Dual Credit Office , or SJC Financial Aid for more information.
- Earn transferable college credit from an accredited institution to JUMP START a baccalaureate degree.
- Reduce the number of college classes you’ll have to take after high school graduation.
- Increased confidence for College Success.
- Facilitates the transition between high school and college.
- Utilize college resource and services, including the library, computer labs, and tutoring services.
- Participate in college campus activities.
School Districts With Dual Credit Agreements With North Campus
Galena Park ISD
Prior to completing the admission's processes at San Jacinto College, students should meet with their high school counselor for additional details regarding how to register for dual credit courses.
To apply for a dual credit class, students will need to meet the necessary student eligibility requirements and then submit the following prior to or when registering:
1. Online through ApplyTexas
2. Fulfill Testing Requirements
- If you are required to take the TSI Assessment, please submit the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA) certificate to the Dual Credit Office and study the test preparation resources prior to taking the assessment.
3. Provide Proof of Bacterial Meningitis Immunization
- Meet the Meningitis Requirement and submit proof to the Office of Enrollment Services.
4. Complete the Dual Credit Request Form
- The form must indicate the college classes that you need to take and be signed by the student, parent, and high school counselor or designee.
5. Register for Classes
- Students must visit the Dual Credit office in person to register. Dual Credit students do not have access to web/phone registration.
- Students, who come to register and want to take a class other than reserved dual credit sections, will need to have in mind the day and time of the classes they desire. To speed up the registration process, you can view a list of available courses by searching our Course Finder. Here you can access specific CRNs (Course Reference Numbers) associated with classes. Bring the five-digit CRN numbers with you when you come to register.
6. Pay for Classes
- Once a student has been registered, they will be given the 70% fee waiver to be taken to the Business Office. The remaining balance is due immediately to avoid being dropped from classes. Payment plans are available.
- Financial Aid - If you're in high school and enroll in dual credit classes, you may apply for a TPEG to cover your share of the tuition and fees. You must complete the TASFA or a paper version of the FAFSA and submit income documents along with your TPEG dual credit application at one of our campus Financial Aid Offices
7. Purchase Textbook from the SJC Bookstore
Below is a list of schools that we completed parent nights for. Click on the school name to find a copy of the presentation that was given.
- Clear Brook High School Parent Night Presentation
- Clear Lake Christian Parent Night Presentation
- Clear View High School Parent Night Presentation
- J Frank Dobie High School Parent Night Presentation
- Lutheran South Academy Parent Night Presentation
- South Houston High School Parent Night Presentation
Dual Credit Office will be at the following schools on the dates listed below.
C. E. King High School Monday, October 6, 2014 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Sheldon Fall Festival held at King Middle School parking lot Tuesday, October 28, 2014 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Galena Park High School (Galena Park and North Shore) Wednesday, November 12, 2014 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Channelview High School Thursday, November 13, 2014 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
SJC South Dual Credit Information Sheet
SJC South Endorsement Form (Generic)
Blackboard – The direct link between you and your instructors.
SOS Login – Access your current schedule, make online payments, request transcripts, etc.
San Jac Email – Access your San Jac email account.
My San Jac GPS – Track your progress towards degree completion.
link to touchnet