Choose from one of the paths below:
Get an Exciting Job in the Tech Industry
Are you good in math and science and want to know how computer systems work? Have you ever wondered how computers store data, or how artificial intelligence helps find Internet information faster or makes games better, or how computers have changed society? Would you like to learn how to write your own programs and applications?
San Jacinto College’s Associate of Science in Computer Science may be the right program for you! It is designed to prepare graduates for transfer to the universities to complete computer information system or computer science bachelor’s degrees.
Location: North, Central and South Campuses
Degree/Certificate: Associate of Science
Duration: Four terms
Students also may seek an occupational certificate, certificate of technology or Associate of Applied Science in Application Programming.
Other computer related areas of study include Website Applications Development, Desktop Support and Microsoft Networking, Cisco Networking, and Information Technology Security.
Some of the programming courses will be accepted for transfer to certain schools, but please check with an educational planner for more details on course transferability.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Architecture & Engineering
- Database Management Systems
- Graphics Systems
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Operating Systems & Networking
- Programming Systems
- Scientific Computing
- Software developer (applications) - $105,160*
- Software developer (systems software) - $105,333*
- Database administrator - $79,266*
- Computer hardware engineer - $110,021*
- Computer systems analyst - $98,628*
- Web developer - $70,180*
- Information security analyst - $$101,338*
- Computer programmer - $81,014*
- Computer and information systems managers - $157,226*
Source: www.TexasWages.com, gulf coast region, 2016