Choose from one of the paths below:
Discover Your World
Studying physics opens up possibilities as big as our world and as vast as outer space. If you are driven to unlock the mysteries of the universe, start your journey with our associate’s degree program at San Jacinto College.
Find Your Future in Physics
Here you will explore the principles of waves, quantum mechanics, polarization and the periodic table, and learn how time, space, energy and matter interact. This degree will prepare you to move on to a four-year program in astronomy, astrophysics, health physics and nuclear physics, to name a few. Our program also opens doors into rewarding positions in research and development, testing, consulting, quality control, and teaching.
An Associate of Science Degree is designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year or upper-level college or university. In the educational program part of the course catalog , there are five options to select from:
- 2LIFESCI Life Science (Biology)
- 2PHYSCI Physical Science (Chemistry, Geology, Physics)-For Physics Majors
- 2COSCI Computer Science
- 2MATH Math
- 2ENGINEER Engineering Science
In general, you must complete the required transfer core curriculum (or "basics") 42 student credit hours (SCH), the institutional option 6 SCH, and the transfer path 12 SCH to achieve the degree. The transfer path 12 SCH will depend on the option chosen above. They are listed in the course catalog.
Physical Sciences A.S. Degree Program Outcomes
1. Upon completion of the Physical Science A.S. Degree, graduates will be able to utilize scientific inquiry to investigate natural phenomena in the physical sciences.
2. Upon completion of the Physical Science A.S. Degree, graduates will be able to apply principals of geology, chemistry or physics to interpret the implications of real-world physical science phenomena.
For more information please look up Physical Science AS here.
The college has a lot of activities to support science students. We have a speaker series that brings professionals from various industries to our students and informs them of what they can do with their science degrees. We also provide science service learning to our students, which is a community outreach program targeted at younger children to help expose them to the world of science. For more updates, visit the STEM council page or look up "physical science san jac" on Facebook.