All Federal Work-Study funding will be centralized in the Financial Aid Office. There will not be a line item in the department budget. Such funding is collapsed into one department on each campus for the following reasons:
- Allows one fund manager on each campus.
- All participating departments would draw from one funds.
- Eliminate the transfer of funds to departments during the spring semester.
- Decrease paperwork during the year and semester.
- Historical data on expenditure patterns could be established and available.
- Allows students to remain employed in your department for both full semesters.
- Expends our annual federal allocation.