Student Robotics Camp
Aerospace Academy Student Robotics/Camps
WATER-BOTS STUDENT WORKSHOPS & CAMPS - 2014
2014 STUDENT SUMMER CAMP OPPORTUNITIES
What does it take to make robotics work underwater? San Jacinto College-Aerospace Academy is offering several underwater robotic camps for students ages 12-16. Our Water-Bot camps explore the underwater world of remote operated vehicles (ROVs) and the real-world applications of this exciting field. The exploration continues in three different levels based on experience.
- The Beginner camp offers students the opportunity to learn the basics in electronics, soldering, and robotic construction. No prior robotic experience is required.
- The Intermediate camps will build upon the beginner skills and add complex engineering design. Some robotic experienced recommended.
- The Advanced camp will be a 2-week master class in constructing algorithms in scripting languages and working with advanced electronics and hardware design. Robotics experience required.
In addition, all camps will offer behind the scenes tours at NASA-Johnson Space Center, professional speakers, and much more.
Beginner (no experience required):
June 16-19, 2014
Cost: $215 per camper
Registration Deadline: May 16
June 23-26 or July 7-10, 2014 (2 separate camps)
Cost: $222 per camper
Registration Deadline: May 23
Advanced (experience required):
July 21-24 & 28-31, 2014 (2 week long camp)
Cost: $340 per camper
Registration Deadline: June 16
TIME: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. daily. Campers must bring lunches & drinks daily. Snacks will be provided.
Please follow the steps below to register:
1. Please complete our Registration Form and fax or email it back to us. Fax to 281-483-3789 or email to JSC-SJCAerospaceAcademy@mail.nasa.gov. Once your registration forms are received, we will confirm via email.
2. Make your payment Online! San Jacinto College now offers online payment options through our brand new website, Marketplace. However, in order to make your payment, you will need a password from us. Once we receive your registration paperwork, we will email you with your required password.
3. Once you receive your password, please visit the Marketplace and pay for your summer camp.
4. Finally, you will receive confirmation via email when your payment has been processed.
For more information about our camps, please contact: JSC-SJCAerospaceAcademy@mail.nasa.gov
Please check out our Camp Flyer Here!
Special Note: Thanks to contributions from ROBO 3D, we will be able to add a 3D Printing component to this year's Water-Bots Camps! For more information about their 3D printer, visit: http://www.robo3dprinter.com/