Laws to live by
Drivers on our campuses are governed by the same Texas Motor Vehicle Laws that apply to any other public roadway, as well as college regulations. Our police officers are authorized to issue two types of citations:
- College Traffic Citations are subject to a violation fee or ticket appeal.
- Court Appearance Citations require a court appearance, just like traffic tickets issued off campus.
We understand that traffic tickets are not always open-and-shut cases. If you feel a college citation is unjust, you certainly have a right to appeal. The process is fairly simple.
- Complete an appeal form and submit it to Campus Police.
- Make your appeal within 10 school days from the date of the ticket.
- The Dean of Student Development will rule on the matter within 72 hours.
- Check with Campus Police for the verdict.
Parking is provided as a convenience for our students, faculty and staff, and we want to make sure we have enough available spaces so you can park and get to where you need to go. That’s why any vehicle parked illegally is subject to being towed or impounded at the owner’s expense. We also prohibit the parking of motor homes, trailers or boats on campus.
If you are in an auto accident on campus, or witness one, please report it immediately to Campus Police. Our officers will investigate all accidents on college property, file all reports, facilitate the exchange of information between drivers, render first aid or summon medical assistance, and arrange for vehicles to be towed if necessary.