For your convenience, we accept credit and debit card payments for overdrafts:
- Log in to your profile.
- Click on the 'Resolve Now' link on your Account Summary page.
- Choose the appropriate payment method and fill in the required fields to complete your payment.
You can also check out other ways to deposit money into your account that will pay off your overdraft!
To set up a payment plan, please contact Customer Care at the number listed on the back of your card between 8 a.m. and 11 p.m. EST (Monday-Friday).
What will Happen if I don't Pay Off My Negative Balance?
The short term consequences of maintaining a negative account balance include:
- A restriction placed on your account until the overdraft is paid off.
- Delaying the availability of future deposits.
Neglecting a negative balance can also lead to long term consequences. For your convenience, there are many different ways to pay off a negative balance.
Long term consequences of maintaining a negative account balance if your account is:
- Overdrawn for 60 consecutive days.
- Has a negative balance of $100 or more.
A negative balance may cause a slight delay in deposits posting to your account; this does not include refunds. For your convenience, there are many different ways to pay off a negative balance.
Can I Change My Personal Information with a Negative Balance?
No. For security reasons, you will not be able to update or change any of your personal information if there is a negative balance on your account.
Your profile will remain restricted until the negative balance has been restored to a positive standing. For your convenience, there are many different ways to pay off a Negative Balance.