An alternate work schedule allows employees to work a schedule that differs from the college’s standard work schedule. The purpose of an alternative work schedule is to:
- Support operational efficiency and where possible improve service.
- Ensure high quality, uninterrupted service.
- Create cost savings.
- Ensure that departments are staffed and operate in a manner that assures work continuity.
The employee’s duties, obligations, responsibilities and conditions of employment with the college remain unchanged when the arrangement involves only a change to work schedule.
The decision to permit an employee to work an alternate work schedule is at the discretion of the employee’s leader and is determined by the nature of the employee’s position and the needs of the department and/or college.
- Maintain accurate time reporting. Exempt employees should document vacation, sick and personal business leave. Non-exempt employees should document all time worked and leave time in the timekeeping system.
- Non-exempt employees should obtain prior leadership approval for overtime.
- Maintain acceptable performance and demonstrate the college values.
Termination/Modification of Alternate Work Schedule
The employee may request to terminate the alternate work schedule by providing written notice to their leader. When applicable, a two-week notice must be given to allow the leader time to assess operational needs and to make scheduling decisions appropriate for the department.
The leader/supervisor must provide written notice to the employee that the alternate work schedule is being terminated or modified. Notification may be immediate depending on terms and conditions referenced in Section VII.A.1-3.
* All Fields Are Required