Honors Program Admission Application
- Continuing SJC students, transfer students and Dual Credit/Early College High School/MECA students with at least 12 college credit hours and a 3.25 cumulative GPA or students who are members of PTK or NSCS are eligible to apply for admission to the SJC Honors Program.
- First-Time-In-College (FTIC) students, Dual Credit/Early College High School/MECA/Home-schooled students with fewer than 12 college credit hours who meet one of the following documented criteria are eligible to apply for admission to the SJC Honors Program:
- 3.25+ accredited high school GPA
- Score of 4 or 5 on an Advanced Placement (AP) exam
- Top 20% of high school graduating class
- Minimum SAT score of 1100 (ie., critical reading and math combined)
- Minimum ACT score of 26
- Returning or non-traditional students who have completed at least 12 college credit hours in the previous five years with a 3.25+ cumulative GPA for the most recent 12 college credit hours are eligible to apply for admissions to the SJC Honors Program. Returning or non-traditional students who have not completed at least 12 college credit hours in the past five years are encouraged to do so before applying.
- Approval by campus coordinator.