1. We serve any San Jacinto College student or employee seeking help with any kind of academic or personal writing task.
2. Walk-ins are welcome, but we encourage students to schedule sessions in advance.
3. We strongly encourage you to visit with plenty of time BEFORE your paper due date.
4. Writing Center sessions are scheduled on every half-hour and last 25 minutes.
5. If you arrive more than five minutes late, you may lose your previously scheduled appointment to a walk-in.
6. Please bring all necessary assignment details and materials to each session.
7. Students being tutored can print one free draft from computers in tutoring area.
8. We do not edit or proofread your paper for you, but we will show you how to do so yourself by modeling correct grammar and punctuation.
9. Writers must be present for the tutoring session (no dropping off papers or receiving feedback on another student’s writing).
10. Students are responsible for their own final drafts. Tutors cannot discuss grades or act as a spokesperson for or liaison with instructors or students.
11. Writing Center materials and resources may not be removed from the room.
12. Students must treat tutors and staff with respect and courtesy at all times.