Transfer to Texas A&M University at Galveston, Maritime Studies
San Jacinto College students interested in Maritime Studies may take advantage of an articulation agreement with Texas A&M University at Galveston (TAMUG) that offers students an opportunity to earn an associate degree at San Jacinto College followed by a Bachelor’s degree at TAMUG. Approved degree plans include:
- Marine Biology (Associate of Arts in Chemistry)
- Marine Engineering Technology (Associate of Arts in Math)
- Marine Fisheries (Associate of Arts in Chemistry)
- Marine Sciences (Associate of Arts in Chemistry)
- Maritime Administration (Associate of Arts in Business Administration)
- Maritime Systems Engineering (Associate of Arts in Math)
- Maritime Studies (Associate of Arts in Social Sciences or Foreign Language)
San Jacinto College students may qualify for automatic admission to TAMUG as a transfer student by:
- Completing one of the approved degree plans;
- Completing at least 24-62 credits in transferable classes at San Jacinto College (at the time of application) that satisfy the chosen TAMUG degree plan or the Texas A&M core curriculum);
- Maintaining a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA and a minimum 2.5 GPA for all courses listed in the chosen TAMUG degree plan, and
- Meeting all other general transfer admission requirements for admission to TAMUG.
Students transferring to TAMUG are encouraged to complete the requirements for their associate degree from San Jacinto College prior to or within one year of enrollment at TAMUG. With the student’s written permission, TAMUG will report back to San Jacinto College any courses that assist in the completion of the associate degree. Once all required coursework is completed, students will be awarded an associate degree by San Jacinto College (Associate of Arts or Associate of Science).
For more information . . .
Contact a San Jac Educational Planner and Counselor at your nearest campus.
Learn more about transferring to Texas A&M University at Galveston: