Former San Jacinto College art student Sharla Hammond is shown working on an original creation. The College will host an alumni invitational exhibition during September and October. Photo by Rob Vanya, San Jacinto College marketing department.
North Campus sets art exhibits, concerts
Rob Vanya, August 27, 2012
HOUSTON — San Jacinto College will host a wide range of art exhibits and music concerts during the Fall 2012 semester at all three campuses. The North Campus music and art departments will host the following events:
• Art Alumni Invitational exhibition – Sept. 13 through Oct. 15, on display in the Galleria del Norte art gallery, located inside the Dr. Charles Grant Fine Arts Center
• Artist Sandra Mendez works on display – Oct. 25 through Nov. 20, Galleria del Norte
• Art Critique exhibition – Nov. 29 through Dec. 10, Galleria del Norte
• Fine Arts Fridays music concerts – Sept. 21, Oct. 19, Nov. 30, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. in the Fine Arts Center auditorium
• Jazz Band concert – Nov. 27, 7 p.m., Fine Arts Center auditorium
• Wind Ensemble concert – Dec. 4, 7 p.m., Fine Arts Center auditorium
• Choral concert – Dec. 5, 7 p.m., Fine Arts Center auditorium
• Hispanic Heritage Month Concert Series – Sept. 21, 12 p.m.; Sept. 25, 10:30 a.m., Oct. 3, 10:30 a.m., Oct. 11, 10:30 a.m., Fine Arts Center auditorium
• Choir Invitational concert – Oct. 12, 7:30 p.m., Fine Arts Center auditorium
For more information about San Jacinto College fine arts, please visit arts.sanjac.edu.
About San Jacinto College
Surrounded by monuments of history, industries and maritime enterprises of today, and the space age of tomorrow, San Jacinto College has been serving the citizens of East Harris County, Texas, for more than 50 years. The Achieving the Dream Leader College is committed to the goals and aspirations of a diverse population of 30,000 students in more than 200 degree and certificate options, including university transfer and career preparation. Students also benefit from the College’s job training programs, renowned for meeting the needs of growing industries in the region. San Jacinto College graduates contribute nearly $630 million each year to the Texas workforce. San Jacinto College. Your Goals. Your College.
For more information about San Jacinto College, please call 281-998-6150, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.