San Jacinto College Facts
San Jacinto College serves the communities and citizens of East Harris County, Texas. The San Jacinto College service area includes the Channelview, Deer Park, Galena Park, La Porte, Pasadena, and Sheldon Independent School Districts; as well as portions of the Humble, Pearland, and Clear Creek school districts. The cities that we serve include:
|Taylor Lake Village*
*Cities in the service area only
San Jacinto College campus locations
4624 Fairmont Pkwy.
Pasadena, Texas 77504
8060 Spencer Hwy.
Pasadena, Texas 77505
5800 Uvalde Road
Houston, Texas 77049
13735 Beamer Road
Houston, Texas 77089
2011 Fall Enrollment
*Unduplicated college wide: Cross campus enrolled students are only counted once for college wide purposes.
Fall 2011 Student Body Characteristics
| Black or African-American
| American Indian or Alaskan Native
| White or Caucasian
| Hispanic or Latin origin
| Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
| Unknown or Not Reported
Due to rounding, these numbers may total greater than 100 percent.
Fall 2011 Student Attendance
|Average Class size
*Full-time and part-time faculty
Fall 2011 Enrollment by Student Residence
Fall 2010-Summer 2011 Graduates by Degree/Certificate
|Associate of Arts
|Associate of Arts in Teaching
|Associate of Science
|Associate of Applied Science
|Certificate of Technology
Faculty and Personnel
|Full-time support staff
|*includes deans and directors
|Bachelor’s and other
- 50th Anniversary: The 2011-2012 academic year marked San Jacinto College’s 50th anniversary. Celebrations were held on each campus throughout the year, culminating in a gala that raised more than $200,000 for student scholarships and teaching initiatives.
- Achieving the Dream Leader College: Named an Achieving the Dream Leader College for positive work on the national completion agenda, San Jacinto College was one of 23 colleges nationwide to receive the prestigious award in 2011.
- Baseball: The 2012 baseball team finished its season as the national runner-up, after making a record 22nd appearance at the Junior College World Series.
- Complete College America: One of 15 community colleges participating in this grant to take bold actions to significantly increase the number of graduates and certificate completers.
- Debate Team: Emerged as one of the top teams in the nation for a second consecutive year after bringing home a gold, silver, and a bronze medal in the Phi Rho Pi National Tournament, held in Greenwich, Conn.
- Fiscal Affairs: Received the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Distinguished Budget Presentation Award, Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting (CAFR), and the Award for Outstanding Achievement in Popular Annual Financial Reporting (PAFR) for upholding the highest standards in financial reporting. The College is the only college of the 50 community colleges in Texas to have received all three awards from the GFOA.
- Grants: The office of grants management set a new record for the 2011 fiscal year with more than $10 million in federal, state, and locally funded grant expenditures. The College was also awarded $7.9 million in grant awards for the 2011 fiscal year, including the $1.175 million Gulf Coast Partners Achieving Student Success (PASS) grant, aimed at increasing college readiness among high school students.
San Jacinto Community College District is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award the associate degree. Contact the Commission