STEM Scholarships and Opportunities
San Jacinto College offers scholarships to assist students who are pursuing education and career training in the science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields. To apply, visit sjcd.academicworks.com.
The Houston-Louis Stokes Alliance For Minority Participation Scholars (LSAMP) Program
- The program, funded through the National Science Foundation, is designed to increase the number of minority students graduating with baccalaureate degrees in STEM and to better prepare them for graduate degrees. Students majoring in biology, chemistry, computer science, geology, Integrated Science and Technology (ISAT), mathematics, physics, and related areas and who meet the selection criteria are eligible to apply. Recipients are awarded $700 per semester.
The Texas Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (T-STEM) Challenge Scholarship Program
- This scholarship program is funded through grants provided by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. The program supports qualified, high-achieving full-time students enrolled in courses or degree programs that lead to careers in STEM. The College awards approximately 100 T-STEM scholarships per year, at amounts depending on the number of hours a student is taking. Maximum amount per year is $2,500.
The Bridges to STEM Careers Scholarship
- This scholarship is intended for math, physics, computer science, and computer engineering majors who plan to transfer to UHCL. San Jacinto College funds both full-time and part-time students and have partner scholarships at the University of Houston-Clear Lake. Preference is given to students to attend other BSC events, which are listed at bsc.uhcl.edu.
The SJC-STEM Scholarship Program
- This scholarship program offers merit scholarships based on past and continued student performance in specific instructional programs. Students in their second year are encouraged to apply. Recipients selected will receive $500 for full-time course load or $250 per semester for part-time course load.
San Jacinto College Chemistry Scholarship at the Central Campus
- The intent of the scholarship is to help students who are interested in a STEM field, afford college. Award amounts vary.
The Society of Women Engineers (SWE) - Houston Area Section scholarships
- The Society of Women Engineers (SWE) - Houston Area Section would like to invite high school students and junior college transfer students to participate in the organization's scholarship programs. These scholarships are intended to encourage female students to select careers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics). Scholarship online application can be found at https://swehoustonscholarships.wordpress.com/
SWE Scholarship Information Sheet