Day of the Ceremony
Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 7 p.m.
One NRG Park Houston, Texas 77054
When You Arrive for Commencement
- Graduates must arrive by 5:30pm. Please be on time.
- Graduates will be directed to the check-in and robing areas once inside the stadium.
- Only graduates with caps and gowns will be allowed in the robing area.
- Graduates will be lined up alphabetically, separated by degrees and certificates.
- Graduates cannot carry anything in their hand onto the stadium floor except the name card provided at check-in:
- No purses, no bubbles, no balloons, no programs, nothing!
- Leave belongings with your guests. There will not be a place to store belongings.
- You may bring cellphones that are kept in a pocket or other case not visible under your gown.
- Dress comfortably for an indoor, air-conditioned environment. Please dress accordingly.
- Comfortable shoes are encouraged - you will have to walk long distances on cement floors which can be slick and stand for several minutes throughout the ceremony.
- The ceremony will last approximately 2 ½ hours and graduates will stay on the stadium floor for the entire ceremony and will not be able to leave until graduates process out.