Mission Statement & Policies
The Math Lab is committed to offering superior tutorial services in Math by staying current with the best tutoring methodologies. We are dedicated to hiring and training well-qualified peer tutors who are drawn from the best students available. The Math Lab maintains a caring, supportive, and encouraging academic presence to the college community.
- To provide a positive and professional environment for learning
- To hire, train, and retain qualified students as tutors
- To be a vital extension of and partner with academic departments
- To develop and share expertise with district-wide constituents
The Math Lab doubles as a home away from home where students come whether they need a tutor or whether they simply want to sit among people they know as they complete homework assignments.
- All students must sign in and out.
- Students are required to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner conducive to student learning.
- Horseplay and loud talking are not allowed in the Math Lab.
- Math Lab materials and computers may only be used for academic purposes.
- Reference material and other resources are property of the Math Lab. Students may not damage or remove them from the Lab.
- Eating and drinking is prohibited around computer equipment.
- Cell phones must be silenced and used outside the Lab only.
- Children are not allowed in the Lab.