S.S.C. is a center that conducts different types of tutoring for various subjects such as Math, English, Sciences and many more for FREE!
S.S.C. provides many resources for any student who comes into the center which include the following:
- Calculators are available to be checked out; however, the calculators must only be used within the center and the student must provide a driver's license or Student Identification Card. Calculators must be returned before the student checks out or leaves and then the student will then be handed back their driver’s license. The center holds TI-83’s and TI-30’s.
- The center also provides different textbooks and solution manuals for the subjects that are being tutored. These resources may not leave the center. Along with textbooks and calculators, S.S.C. has both A&P I and BIO 1402 lab practical book that helps students prepare and study for lab exams.
- The Student Success Center also has brand new computers students may use for academic purposes. Please note students are not allowed on social websites such as Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, etc.
- S.S.C. is not only a place to get free tutoring and use free resources but is also a place where students may study in a quiet environment.
- S.S.C. conducts Conversation Hour, which helps English second language students practice English by doing many different activities.
- S.S.C. is the abbreviation for the Student Success Center.
In order to make use of the S.S.C. and any of it’s resources, you will need your student identification number or student ID. The S.S.C. is free for students who attend any San Jacinto College campus.
No, students are not allowed to take textbooks out of the center.
The Student Success Center has moved to the first floor of the renovated library, building C-21!
Location: First floor of Library, building C-21
Contact: Christy Keith - Director
Melinda Benham - Assistant
Monday – Thursday: 7:30 am - 9:00 pm
Friday: 7:30 am - 3:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Sunday: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Location: First Floor of the Library
Phone: 281-998-6150 Ext. 3868
Contact: Diana Shokralla – Director
Contact 2: Monica Munante – Assistant
Fall & Spring
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.