Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund


Are you a recently enrolled San Jac student? Great news! San Jacinto College received funding to support eligible students financially impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.


  1. Must have been a San Jac student taking college credit, continuing education, dual credit, or adult education courses anytime since March 13, 2020 (the date of the COVID-19 national emergency declaration)
  2. Must have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic

Steps to Apply​​​​

  1. Sign in using network credentials (SOS login)
  2. Once logged in, complete general application
  3. Then, select and complete the HEERF II Emergency Aid Grant Application 
  4. Select a BankMobile disbursement preference to receive the grant funds quickly 

Link to application

These funds are a part of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF), a federal grant funded by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSA).

Frequently Asked Questions

Award amounts are $700 for Pell recipients and $600 for non-Pell recipients.

HEERF II may be used by students for any component of their cost of attendance or for emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus, such as tuition, class materials, books, food, housing, health care (including mental health care) or childcare.

You may also grant permission to SJC to apply these funds to tuition and fees. This means that the amount approved will go first to pay any tuition balance that remains on your account. Any amount remaining after your tuition balance is covered will be distributed to your BankMobile account.

After you give your consent on the application, the HEERF funds will pay past due balances that you accrued as of March 13, 2020. If the amount received is not enough to cover the entire debt, you are responsible for the difference.

Students are eligible to apply for funds once each semester (summer, fall, or spring).

No. HEERF assistance is not taken into account when determining your eligibility for federal financial aid or veteran benefits.

No, you are not required to complete a FASFA/TASFA to receive the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) assistance. However, we always recommend that you complete a financial aid application because you could qualify for other assistance.

You should complete an application even if you think that you would not qualify for grants. You might qualify for something.