TETA TheatreFest Exhibits
We are RETURNING to Dallas!!
Dallas…Here we go again!!
What are the TETA Exhibits?
TheatreFest is one of the largest State Theatre Conventions in the country. In the past, over 2000 Theatre educators and students have attended this four-day Convention. In addition, the Convention has:
- A play competition - PlayFest
- A technical competition – DesignFest
- A film competition - FilmFest
- Scholarship Auditions
- Over 350 workshops and events
- Featured special artists like, Angela Lansbury, Bernadette Peters, Jason Alexander, etc.
- Over 115 Theatre commercial and educational exhibitors
The Exhibit area for TheatreFest generally has about 100 (80 slots this year) vendors. Commercial vendors from all over the world and college/universities from throughout the United States make up these participants.
Who can participate in the TETA Exhibits?
Any person or organization may register for the Convention and rent an exhibit booth for an extra charge.
What is new for this year’s Exhibits at TheatreFest and what is the cost?
There is one big change from last year! The separate TETA Membership registration is now combined with Convention Registration! Now, all parts of Convention begin with individual registration. Convention, Exhibits, Auditions, DesignFest, PlayFest, all start with a single person registering for TETA Membership. All are considered as add-ons to Membership registration. The cost per booth was dropped a few years ago to compensate for all exhibit workers registering for the Convention. Membership for TETA is $50 for adults, Convention registration is $120 and a booth is $300. That is a total of $470. A few years ago a booth cost $600. Each additional booth is $500. After Sept. 12th, registration will increase by $50 and booths will be $500 for the first and $700 for each additional. Again, ALL who work the Exhibit Booths are to register for the Convention.
- To register for an Exhibit booth(s), an individual starts by registering for the Convention.
- All Convention Booths (Commercial and Educational Vendors)
- The deadline for registration and exhibit booths is Sept. 12th, 2019.
How are Exhibit booths assigned?
- Booths are assigned by the following:
- Exhibitors that sponsor our Convention bags, badges and t-shirts will be assigned first, but only after a short period of time. After this short period of time, the Exhibits Chair will begin assigning all Exhibitors.
- After this short period of time, the Exhibits Chair will send an email to each exhibitor on a first registered and paid basis, and ask for the booth preference. Exhibits used to ask for booth preference, but all exhibitors asked for the same five booths. To save time, each exhibitor can email the Exhibits Chair after registering and paying for their booth, and request a specific booth. Blake Minor, Blake.Minor@fortbendisd.com
- A current map of the exhibits area can be found at www.sjcd.edu/TETA.
Does TETA require Exhibitors to have liability insurance?
Yes. TETA TheatreFest Exhibitors are expected to carry their own Commercial General Liability insurance and shall hold TETA harmless for any and all damage caused by theft and those perils normally covered by a fire and extended coverage policy.
What is the tentative schedule at the Convention in Dallas?
The Exhibit area will be open to the Convention participants:
- Thursday, Sept. 26 – 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 27 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 28 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 29 - 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The loading schedule will be as follows:
- 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. - Freeman Set Up of Exhibits and Three Performance Spaces
- 5 p.m. - 10 p.m. - Specific Vendors Set Up Two Performance Spaces (Freeman available to advise)
- 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. – Commercial Exhibitors Set Up (Red Pass)
- 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. - College/University Exhibitors, Performers & DesignFest Set Up (Blue Pass)
- 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Open Loading Dock Time (Red and Blue Passes)
- 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. - Exhibit Area Open to Convention Participants
- 9:30 p.m. - 11 p.m. - TETA Exhibitor Reception
How should I register for an Exhibit booth?
In order to register for Exhibits, please follow these steps:
Step #2. While registering for TETA Membership, select that you wish attend the TheatreFest Convention and then select that you want to participate in Exhibits. Select the number of booths you would like.
Step #3. Upon registering for Membership and the Convention, you will receive a confirmation email with an invoice. Use this if you did not pay each with a credit card.
Step #4. The final step in the Exhibit process will be to follow the directions sent to you in an email from the Exhibit Chair.
Suggestion: Reserve a hotel room at t Hyatt Regency (Reunion) Dallas Hotel (rooms per night needed for the Convention are limited – We will sell out! Other hotels will be listed at a later time). Go to https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/DFWRD/G-TXET or call 877-803-7534.
Who should I contact for more information on Exhibits?
Please contact the following for:
- For assignment of Exhibit booth space, please contact Mr. Blake Minor at: Email: Blake.Minor@fortbendisd.com
- For all other Exhibit questions, please contact Ms. Alicia Green at email@example.com
- An updated map of which exhibit booth spaces are available, go to www.sjcd.edu/TETA
- Convention operations, please contact Dr. Jerry Ivins, 2016 Co-Convention Director, at 281-542-2039 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Convention workshops and/or programming, please contact Ms. Rachel Harrah, 2019 Co-Convention Director, at email@example.com.
Past Convention Exhibits were sold out!! Please register ASAP. We hope to see you in Dallas!!!!