Total or Partial Power Failure
- Using the nearest operational phone notify SJC Police using the non-emergency #281-476-1820 line.
- If an emergency develops, notify SJC Police at 281-476-9128 or 5555 from a campus phone.
- Physical Plant personnel will make proper restoration of power by repair or by notifying appropriate companies for needed service.
- Do not attempt to fix the problem yourself.
- Depending on the situation and the extent of the outage, follow response procedures as directed by college officials. For example, do not evacuate unless the building fire alarm sounds or you are instructed to do so by a college official.
Electrical Lines Down on Campus
- Direct all individuals away from the affected area.
- Immediately notify SJC Police at 281-476-9128 or 5555 from a campus phone.
- Physical Plant personnel will be notified to determine ownership of the wire, secure area, and make repairs or notify appropriate companies for needed services.
- Never approach or touch fallen electrical lines.