You are here

Facilities FAQs

Central Science Interior

Frequently Asked Questions

If during business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm), call the Central Campus Maintenance Office at 281-476-1854. After business hours and on weekends, call Police Dispatch at 281-476-1822.

Call the Campus Police Department at 281-476-1820.

During the Spring and Fall semesters, we receive deliveries from 7:00 am – 3:00 pm, Monday – Friday. During the Summer and Mini semesters, we receive deliveries from 7:00 am - 11:00 am, Monday – Friday.

Deliveries should be sent to the respective Campus Maintenance Departments.

North Campus
5800 Uvalde, Houston, TX 77049
Map | Directions

Central Campus
8060 Spencer Hwy., Pasadena, TX 77505
Map | Directions

South Campus
13735 Beamer Rd., Houston, TX 77089
Map | Directions

Call the District & South Office.

Maintenance District Office
Phone: 281-476-1854

Maintenance South Office
Phone: 281-922-3411

This can be requested though a Maintenance Work Order. Please send an email to

There is a comprehensive review of signage that will address the entire College’s needs. In the meantime, individual request will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Requests for signage can be directed to the District and Central Campus Maintenance Office at 281-476-1854.

The National Fire Protection Association has set forth guidelines to ensure an added degree of security in classrooms across the nation.  We have worked to comply with the guidelines by installing various classroom door solutions that allow the occupants to secure the room from inside the classroom.  It is important that you become familiar with the hardware installed within the classrooms you utilize. 

We hope the linked video helps familiarize you with some of the different solutions available and the basic operations of these locking components.


Request for Facilities Services Questions

RFS - Request for Facilities Services. 

The Repair and Renovation (R&R) program provides a means for funding small facilities alteration and improvement projects using operating funds. The projects may include office or classroom renovations, furniture and equipment replacements, infrastructure upgrades, building system replacements, and grounds improvements. The program may also include professional services such as engineering studies, assessments, tests, and reports. The RFS Form is used to submit requests for these projects.

A completed and approved RFS is required for purchasing new furniture (that requires data, electrical, or reconfiguration or costs more than $5,000), renovating, constructing, and/or altering any part of College facilities or infrastructure.

You may obtain copies of the RFS form on our website, request it directly from Facilities Services (, or request it from your Campus Administrative Dean.

Please fill out the form as completely as possible, including your contact information with a phone number where you can be reached. Include as much detail about your request as possible.

If your project is already active in the design phase or beyond, you do not need to submit an RFS form.

Effective fiscal year 2016, San Jacinto College utilizes an online auction website managed by Lone Star Auctioneers to dispose of its non-computer equipment surplus. If you would like to send items to auction or have any questions regarding the auction or surplus process, please contact Hilda Boyce at extension 2627.

Your RFS must be approved by your Department Head, Administrative Dean, and Campus Provost before it can be entered into the Project Management System and development of the SOW (Scope of Work) and project cost can take place. RFSs submitted for work at the College Administration (District) Office shall be approved by the Department Head and responsible Vice Chancellor or the AVC Facilities Services. All RFSs that cost $5,000 or more shall be approved by the SLT (Strategic Leadership Team) before they can be funded and executed.

Once your RFS has been received and entered into our project management information system, you will receive a receipt confirmation by email.

Generally speaking, maintenance work orders are used to repair existing equipment or request preplanned service, such as housekeeping or meeting set up services. If something is broken, request maintenance services. However, if you need to renovate a space, add new infrastructure, upgrade building systems, construct a building, or replace classroom furniture, then you need an RFS.

You may or may not need an RFS. To answer the question, you must first understand the following concerns – Does the existing room where you propose to put the new equipment have sufficient electrical power supply?  Does the equipment you are installing create heat that is going to make everyone uncomfortable when it operates? Does the operation of the equipment create a hazard to the occupants of the building? Will the space where you would like to install the equipment need any alteration? 

If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you need an RFS.

There is continuous high demand for Facilities Services throughout the College. One of the worst problems we can have is to lose or miss-prioritize a request.  This form is the first step in a comprehensive process of managing facilities construction, renovation, and remodeling requests. The RFS process provides for proper assignment of project managers, periodic College leadership review of all project progress, and periodic review of project sequencing.

The Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is used to process thousands of requests per year which are of a different nature and do not require campus leadership approval. The volume of RFSs will be much lower, may include attached documents, and require multiple approvals. For this reason, we chose a separate RFS request process.

Aside from College leadership requiring that all construction and renovation projects be managed though Facilities Services, it is critical that alterations to buildings and facilities be made in a safe, regulatory compliant, and consistent manner throughout the College.

Furniture is generally purchased with new buildings as part of the FFE (furniture, fixtures, and equipment) package. Facilities Services works with architects and local distributors to develop a selection of furniture approved for use with our current bond programs. This selection of furniture will support the desire to improve overall furniture value and a consistent appearance throughout the College. Similarly, several renovations and new office projects are underway where large quantities of furniture will be purchased from this college-wide furniture selection. In an effort to support the “One College” initiative, Facilities Services will support college customers needing furniture to ensure that the manufacturer and make and model of furniture matches that which is being purchased for other projects for the College.