Interested in writing a grant for your department or program?
The Grants office provides support for faculty and staff interested in developing and submitting local, state and federal grants. The first step is to submit a Notice of Intent (NOI) to Submit Form listing the following information:
- Funding Agency:
- Amount of funding allowed; base amount requested; indirect rate requested; or any continuing obligation to the college after the life of the grant:
- Project start and end dates:
- Proposal submission dates: (Including Letter of Intent, or Preliminary Proposal)
- Project overall purpose:
- Which office or department will have budget responsibility:
- Faculty or staff member(s) assigned as Principal Investigator or Project Director and Staff to be hired:
- Explain impact on facilities and departments involved (i.e. CPD, specific academic department, student services, etc). Has discussion regarding this project occurred with these departments?
- Briefly explain match dollars, anticipated areas and specific personnel:
The Grant Submission Process Flow Chart below provides a quick timeline for you to follow. For a more complete guide - see the Pre-award Procedures link also below. Be sure to contact Grants Development early, so that we can assist you to develop the best proposal possible.
FAQ – Grant Development & Grant Writing
Director of Grants Development
Office of Grants Management
San Jacinto College
Office: (281) 991-2683
Fax: (281) 669-4453