Guidelines for Distribution of Student Emails
The San Jacinto College Student Services department has been tasked with sending student emails on behalf of the College and departments / offices that request student emails be sent. Student services asks that you review the tips and reminders below. This will be helpful to the team when sending student emails.
Procedures for employees who wish to send an email to students:
- Submit the following student email requirements to Tech Support at TechSupport@sjcd.edu:
- Email subject / title
- Full email text
- Attachments (if applicable)
- Audience (i.e. ALL students, a certain campus, or a unique group)
- Preferred date(s) the email needs to be sent out
- Please allow up to three (3) business days for the email to be sent. Due to schedules and workloads, it may not be possible to send an email immediately.
- If the email needs to be sent to a unique group of students, please indicate your group parameters to Tech Support (i.e. honors students enrolled in Spring 2014 with a 4.0 gpa, dual credit students at Central Campus, etc.)
- All student emails require text; flyers/images cannot be sent on their own.
- Please keep the body text to no more than 1,000 characters.
- Images cannot be embedded into the email. We can send text only with up to three (3) attachments, and each attachment should be no larger than 1MB.
- If an attachment is to be sent with the email (flyer, photo, etc.), please be sure that is included with the request. The attachment should be a .jpg or .pdf. You will need to ensure that the file size is small enough to be sent via email – less than 1 MB is best.