Stop the Spread!
A few simple steps can greatly reduce the risk of transmission of coronavirus and many other illnesses:
- Wash your hands for 30 seconds multiple times a day. Studies have shown that washing hands 5 times a day can reduce infection risk by 45%. https://www.ajpmonline.org/article/S0749-3797%2801%2900323-3/abstract
- Use hand sanitizer whenever possible
- Avoid shaking hands, consider fist bumps! https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/fist-bump-better-handshake-cleanlin…
- Disinfect frequently touched objects using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Stay home when you are sick and avoid close contact with those who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
San Jacinto College continues to work with federal, state and local officials to monitor potential risks. If conditions change, we will update our campus community. You can find updated information about COVID-19 disease activity and recommendations at these sites: