A few simple steps can greatly reduce the risk of transmission of viruses and many other illnesses:
- Wash your hands for 30 seconds multiple times a day. Studies have shown that washing hands 5 times a day can reduce infection risk by 45%.
- Use hand sanitizer whenever possible
- Avoid shaking hands, consider fist bumps!
- Disinfect frequently touched objects using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Stay home when you are sick and avoid close contact with those who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.