San Jacinto College libraries will support the Revised Instructional Recovery Plan with online access to databases and online access to the libraries’ chat service. The libraries will be closed to students and the public while the College maintains its closure. Library closures are posted on the library websites.
- Reference Services: Chat and text enables students to consult with librarians online in real time. Chat access will be limited to the hours during which librarians normally would be on campus. Chat service hours are 7:30am - 5pm, Monday through Thursday and Friday 7:30am through 3pm. Closed on Saturday and Sunday. The Ask-A-Librarian email service is also available.
- Electronic Resources: All electronic resources are available and some vendors are adding additional ebook resources. These are all available via the Library’s webpage.
- New Vendor Resources: Many of our library vendors are offering new and expanded online resources. Please visit our Vendor page for more information.
- Library instruction sessions: Faculty can schedule library instruction with their campus librarians. We highly recommend tying library instruction to a specific assignment. Instruction sessions will be held in Blackboard using the Collaborate module. All sessions must be scheduled in advance as faculty will need to add the Librarian as a Teaching Assistant in Bb. Collaborate instructions are available here.
- Interlibrary Loan Services: Interlibrary loan operations will be restricted to journal articles only and will be satisfied via email only. ILL books already on loan may be returned through your campus library book drop.
- Faculty Library Services: Faculty can contact librarians via chat, email, or phone for assistance in discovering OER content. Contact information can be found on the library’s homepage: https://www.sanjac.edu/library.
- Library Fines: Library fines are waived for all books and library materials due after March 1, 2020 and will be waived until July 27, 2020. To view your account, log on to My Account from the library's catalog. Books may be returned via your campus library book drop.
- Social Distancing and Limiting Exposure: All library employees will follow College procedures for social distancing and limiting contact exposure.
- District Student Success Centers: Information on tutoring is forthcoming and will be shared by the Student Success Center Directors.