- What should I do if I, or someone in my household, tests positive for COVID-19 or is exposed to someone who is COVID-19 positive?
If students or employees, or someone in their households, test positive for COVID-19, they are required to disclose instances of COVID-19 infection as described in Procedure III.3008.B.a on the Reporting Form. If an employee or student comes in close contact with or is living with a COVID-19 positive individual, the employee or student must disclose this information under the authority of Procedure III.3008.B.b on the Reporting Form.
- A member of the HR (Human Resources) Benefits team will contact the employee and coordinate with the employee’s leadership regarding temporary work schedule arrangements, if available.
- A member of the Safety, Health, Environment & Risk Management (SHERM) Office will contact the student regarding next steps.
- How will San Jacinto College determine who can return to campus, and when, following a positive COVID-19 test or exposure?
The student or employee should recover at home per CDC guidelines and must provide a physician’s note or proof of negative test results before being cleared to return to a College facility. In absence of a physician’s clearance or a negative COVID-19 test result, students and employees must wait out the full quarantine period as communicated by HR Benefits team or SHERM.
- What measures is San Jacinto College taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- Governor Abbott's executive order states that face coverings cannot be mandated in public schools. While San Jacinto College cannot require anyone to wear a face covering, the College strongly encourages the use of a face covering for all students, employees, visitors, and contractors regardless of vaccination status.
- Personal distancing is expected.
- Continue to manage your hand hygiene. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the campuses and College facilities for your convenience.
- Mandatory reporting of COVID-19 illness or exposure for all students and staff per College Procedures III.3008.B.a and III.3008.B.b.
- The College continues to partner with Harris County Public Health to offer COVID-19 testing at the Central Campus and vaccination clinics at the North, South, and Central campuses.
- Routine cleanings of high traffic areas continues, and disinfectant is provided for departments as requested.
- Are San Jacinto College employees required to be vaccinated?
Vaccination is strongly recommended for all individuals ages 12 and up, but we may not require vaccination for our employees, per Texas Governor’s Executive Order GA-38.
How does wearing a face covering protect me?
The CDC has several resources that explain how protective measures, such as using face coverings, help protect the wearer as well as control the spread of COVID. You can find one of those resources here. Where can I get more information about COVID-19?