How does free money sound?
If you are currently attending San Jac or previously attended San Jac during the pandemic, you are eligible to apply for $1,000-1,500 in emergency relief funding*!
We invite all current and former students to apply, who attended from March 13, 2020, to now. The application is open now through Oct. 18, 2021 -- or until all funds have been awarded!
Applying is simple and takes less than 5 minutes:
- Sign in to San Jac’s aid portal using your SOS login
- Provide and confirm your G number
- Fill out the HEERF III Emergency Aid Grant application (select Bank Mobile for disbursement to get your money faster!)
Use this money to pay for tuition at San Jac or to cover things like books, food, housing, rent, child care, health care (including mental health), and other expenses.
Application is now closed. Only applications submitted through September 14 will be processed.
Other important things to note:
- You’re probably eligible: Any student who took a class sometime after March 13, 2020 (includes transfer, traditional, continuing education, dual credit, adult education, and technical students)
- You get this much: $1,500 for Pell recipients and $1,000 for non-Pell recipients
- You can apply the funds toward past-due balances: If you give consent, the funds may go toward past-due tuition/fee balances as of March 13, 2020. You are still responsible for any debt not fully covered by this funding.
- You can still get financial aid: No impact on your financial aid awards/benefits!
- You don’t have to complete the FAFSA or TASFA…. But you might want to! This financial aid application could qualify you for other assistance.
*These funds are a part of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF), a federal grant funded by the American Rescue Plan Act, 2021.