Private or outside scholarships are those in which the donor specifies the person who will receive the funding.
These are the steps a student/organization needs to follow in order for the funds to be received and applied to the student’s account:
- Checks need to be made payable to San Jacinto College.
- A scholarship check must include:
- Recipient name
- Recipient student ID# and/or SS#
- Optional - Awarding specifications, such as:
- the semester(s) the scholarship is for,
- what the scholarship covers (tuition/fees/books),
- whether the remaining funds should apply to future semesters or they can be refunded to student.
- Once the scholarship check is received, the Scholarships Office will apply the scholarship to the student’s account per the donor(s) specifications.
- Donors or recipients of private/outside scholarships should contact DL-Scholarships@sjcd.edu with any additional questions concerning their scholarship funds.
The student/donor needs to send the scholarship check to:
San Jacinto College
Attn: Scholarships Dept.
8060 Spencer Hwy, C15.217
Pasadena, Texas 77505
The process could be delayed if the donor mails the check anywhere other than the above office. Checks for outside scholarships can also be dropped off at any campus Business Office.
Most donors will accept a printout of the student's Schedule Fee/Bill, which can be obtained at any campus Business Office or through SOS.
Disbursement of scholarship funds
Scholarship funds will be placed on the student's account and can be viewed in SOS. Funds will be applied to tuition and fees first. After that, any remaining funds will be available for book purchases at any of our campus bookstores. If the student is allowed to receive any remaining scholarship funds, those funds will be disbursed to the student's selected refund preference with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. (visit https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoicessso/) when funds are released to the student. If funds are not allowed to be released, they will be moved to the next semester or returned to the donor.