Enroll in the fall 2021 semester at San Jac, and your tuition is free! That’s right: You can earn an associate degree or workforce certificate with your tuition paid in full. This is a three-year scholarship, so you may attend full time or part time (six hours minimum).
This gift to the class of 2021 comes from a very generous private donation to San Jac. Act now on this one-time opportunity! Read on for more details.
You must have graduated from high school during the 2020/2021 academic year. This includes graduates from fall 2020 through summer 2021.
You must begin classes at San Jac in fall 2021.
You must apply for financial aid annually and, if required, must complete the verification process.
Harris County website. The taxing district is generally comprised of six school districts, listed below. Homeschool, private school, and GED graduates are eligible. A student living in our taxing district at the time of graduation that attended another school outside of the San Jacinto College district is also eligible.You must live in the San Jac’s taxing district when you graduate. To check if you live in the taxing district, visit the
- Channelview High School
- Endeavor Alternative School
Deer Park ISD
- Deer Park High School
Galena Park ISD
- Galena Park High School
- North Shore High School
- Early College High School
- LaPorte High School
- Viola DeWalt High School
- Career & Technical High School
- Dobie High School
- Pasadena High School
- Pasadena Memorial High School
- Sam Rayburn High School
- South Houston High School
- Tegeler Career Center
- CE King High School
Dual Credit Student Eligibility
Former dual credit students must meet these criteria:
- Graduated from high school
- Live in San Jac's taxing district
Dual credit students who have earned an Associate of Arts degree may use the scholarship to pursue a certificate, an Associate of Applied Science degree, or an eligible secondary associate degree (up to 45 hours).
How to Apply
- Complete the Apply Texas application and the enrollment process at San Jac.
- Complete a Financial Aid application (FAFSA/TASFA) and, if required, complete the verification process.
- Register for classes in the fall 2021 semester. You must take at least six credit hours.
- If your financial aid is not sufficient to cover the cost of in-district tuition, your scholarship will automatically be applied. It’s that easy!
- Check your San Jac and personal email for an offer notification. Instructions will be included on how to complete the electronic form.
- Once the acknowledgement form is completed, the scholarship will be applied to your student account.
- You can view the approved funds in your SOS account.
You must begin classes during fall 2021. The last eligible start date is the four-week term that begins November 15, 2021. If you register for classes that start December 2021 or after, you are not eligible for the scholarship.
Already Registered and Paid?
- If you are currently enrolled for fall 2021 and have already paid, you may be eligible for a refund.
Refunds will be issued through our standard process using Bank Mobile.