Add an extra class for the 8B term, and we’ll help cover the tuition cost
For the Spring 2021 semester, San Jacinto College is offering scholarships to help cover tuition for one 8B class to be added to existing spring class schedules, so students can add an extra class at no cost for the second eight-week (8B) part-of-term.
These scholarships are funded by the College’s CARES Act Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) allocation, and are available to current Spring 2021 students who meet the eligibility requirements below.
Award amounts vary depending on the tuition cost of the desired 8B class.
Applications will be accepted until March 15, 2021 or until funds are exhausted. Funds are limited, so early applications are encouraged.
Students who are currently enrolled in an 8B class do not become eligible for the scholarship by dropping their current 8B course and adding another 8B course.
Students who are currently enrolled in 8B may add an additional course to their schedule and be eligible for the scholarship.
Students must submit the scholarship application below.
Students must be currently enrolled for the Spring 2021 semester.
Students must add a new 8B class on or after 2/5/21.
Students must have submitted a 2020-2021 FAFSA and be eligible to receive Title IV financial aid under Section 484 of the Higher Education Act (Pell Grant, Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants, Federal Work Study and Federal Direct Loans).
Dual credit students are ineligible for this particular scholarship.
Students who were enrolled exclusively in an online program of study prior to March 13, 2020 are ineligible for this particular scholarship.
How It Works
- Add an 8B course to your existing spring schedule on or after Feb. 5, 2021.
- Then, complete this scholarship application.
- Applications will be reviewed within 48 hours. The application review includes:
- Check of student’s eligibility for financial aid.
- Check of student’s enrollment audit trail to ensure student has not dropped and then added an 8B course to appear eligible for the scholarship (SFASTCA).
- Check to ensure student is not dual credit.
- If a student is deemed eligible, approved funds will be applied directly to a student’s account.
- Students can view approved funds in their SOS accounts.
- Ineligible students will be notified by email and will be able to drop their 8B course if they desire.
To sign in, use your SOS login credentials (G# and password)