Our top priority is your safety and security.
San Jacinto College uses SJC AlertMe to distribute emergency notifications via email, voice, text messages, app push notifications, desktop and screen takeovers, digital signage, and tickers.
SJC AlertMe was created in partnership with Rave Mobile and Alertus so you can receive important notifications during College or campus emergencies. SJC AlertMe also integrates with the National Weather Service to provide severe weather updates that may impact your safety and/or College operations.
Sign Up for Alerts
To receive email, voice, and text messages:
- Current San Jac students, faculty, and staff: Sign up via the red SJC AlertMe tab in SOS
- Community members: Sign up here
When and How You’ll Receive Alerts
The College uses SJC AlertMe:
- When an emergency happens on campus or nearby and the College community must act immediately to remain safe
- When situations like severe weather cause unscheduled College/campus closures or class cancellations
- All SJC AlertMe messages will go to students' and employees' College email accounts.
- Email is the College’s official communication method with students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- We may also use text messages*, voice messages*, and mobile app push notifications*.
*Note: Although this notification service is free, you may be responsible for data charges from your phone service provider for receiving messages.
Additional Channels Used During an Emergency:
- College website
- Official College Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Desktop alerting on College computers
- Digital signage on College campuses
National Weather Service Notifications
- SJC AlertMe also sends critical weather notifications from the National Weather Service.
- Weather notifications are sent between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- You will receive these via text message if you have selected that delivery method for SJC AlertMe
- You may receive multiple notifications if you are signed up for multiple campuses in SJC AlertMe
SJC AlertMe is operated by Rave Mobile. This system also distributes student emails about campus happenings, news, and events. We don’t currently have an opt-out option for non-emergency emails, but we are working to find a solution to this.
Read the Rave Mobile Privacy Statement.