If this is your first time to submit a financial aid appeal and it has been approved, you are required to complete a financial literacy component. To complete the financial literacy component online, you must register for the PFE course and complete all five modules in Blackboard, San Jacinto College’s course management system. Failure to complete all five financial literacy modules in Blackboard will result in your suspension at the end of the term. Blackboard can be accessed over the internet and does not require you to install any software on your computer.
Instructions for Logging in and enrolling in the online course:
- Login into Blackboard.
- You will need to enter your username and password to log in (your student ID and the password created for SOS).
- If this is your first visit, you will need to enroll in the Blackboard online course. Instructions are listed below under Assistance.
- Please note:
- If you are a new student for Spring 2019, Blackboard access will not be available to you until classes begin on January 14, 2019. Students who have not attended in over a year and who have reapplied for admission in Spring 2019 will not have access to Blackboard until classes begin on January 14, 2019.
- If you are a new student for Summer 2019, Blackboard access will not be available to you until classes begin on June 3, 2019. Students who have not attended in over a year and who have reapplied for admission in Summer 2019 will not have access to Blackboard until classes begin on June 3, 2019.
Completing the Assignments:
- Lessons must be completed in order.
- Review all material in each module.
- View the videos for each module.
- Complete the Module Quiz—you will have two (2) attempts to achieve a score of 70 or higher. You must achieve 70 percent or higher to pass the lesson. Once achieved, your score will be recorded under the “My Grades” tab in Blackboard and the college’s weekly report. Your financial aid file will be updated each Monday when you have completed all five lessons and all five quizzes successfully.
- Repeat the above steps for all remaining modules.
- Appeals require you to complete all five Blackboard assignments.
If you have any questions regarding your username and password, you may contact SJC IT at 281-991-6137.
If you have any questions regarding the PFE class enrollment or navigation, you may contact the instructor at 281-991-2645.
If you have questions regarding the requirements of your appeal contract, you may contact your Campus Financial Aid Office at 281-998-6150.
Instructions on how to enroll and navigate in the Program for Financial Education Blackboard Spring course, can be downloaded here.
Instructions on how to enroll and navigate in the Program for Financial Education Blackboard Summer course, can be downloaded here.