About Dual Credit
Want to get a jump-start on your college education? San Jacinto College’s dual credit program may be a good fit for you. Dual Credit is a form of concurrent enrollment that allows a student to take certain courses at San Jacinto College while in high school. By doing this, students can graduate from high school with 24+ hours of college credit! Students can earn even more by taking summer courses.
It’s affordable, too. Students pay only 25% of tuition and fees for certain classes that count toward both high school and college, and students who qualify for the Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG) pay even less. Check with your high school counselor or San Jacinto College’s Financial Aid Office for more information.
Early Admission allows a student to take a course for Early Admission when high school credit is not available for the course.
*High School permission is required for both Dual Credit and Early Admission. No discount is given for courses taken as Early Admission.
To be accepted for enrollment in college-level courses, you must have appropriate academic qualifications, a high level of motivation, and adequate time to devote to studying a college-level course. In order to enroll in the Dual Credit Program, you must:
- Be a High School Student. Public, private, or home school students can qualify. Please contact your campus Dual Credit office for more information.
- Pass your classes. In most cases grades of “C” or better in college coursework is required for both transferability and to maintain enrollment in the program and receive high school credit.
- Meet all application requirements and deadlines which vary by program. Informational meetings for incoming Dual Credit students are scheduled by school districts for each spring – please plan to attend for specific information about your dual credit options.
- Additionally, students wishing to enroll must complete an Enrollment Permission Form. Download the Enrollment Permission Form. This form can be filled in and signed digitally. Here are instructions on how to digitally sign this form. Digitally signing this form requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. This is a free software that can be downloaded here.
Please click on the San Jacinto College campus that you would like to attend using the tabs on the left for more detailed information about specific schools and programs.
In order to register for classes, students must show that they meet the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirement. This shows that they are college ready. There are a few test scores that are used to prove this.
TSIA - Texas Success Initiative Assessment- College placement exam. Please see the following for more information http://www.sanjac.edu/apply-register/overview/testing/texas-success-initiative
|TSIA Minimum Score Requirements|
|351||Multiple choice score of at least 340 AND an essay score of at least 4 OR multiple choice score of less than 340 AND an essay score of at least 5.||350|
|TSIA Exemption Scores|
|Test||Combined/Composite Score||Exempts TSIA Reading & Writing||Exempts TSIA Math|
|SAT-After March 2016||NA||EBRW: 480||Math: 530|
|SAT-Before March 2016||1070||Critical Reading: 500||Math: 500|
|ACT||23||English: 19||Math: 19|
|TSIA High School Waiver Scores|
|Test||Combined/Composite Score||Waives TSIA Reading & Writing||Waives TSIA Math|
|PSAT/NMSQT-After October 2015||NA||EBRW: 460||Math: 510|
|PSAT/NMSQT-Before October 2015||107||Reading: 50||Math: 50|
|PLAN||23||English: 19||Math: 19|
|ACT-Aspire||NA||English: 435||Math: 431|
|STAAR EOC||NA||English II: 4000||Algebra I: 4000 AND a final grade of 70+ in Algebra II.|
What is FERPA?
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student educational records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education.
Does FERPA give me a right to see education records of my son or daughter who is in college?
When a student turns 18 years old or enters a postsecondary institution at any age, all rights afforded to parents under FERPA transfer to the student.
What if my child asked me to register them or order a transcript?
Students are free to give their S.O.S log-in information to their parents if they wish. The S.O.S account can be used to view an unofficial transcript, print a degree evaluation, order official transcripts for college/university applications, and check class schedules.
How do I get more information on FERPA?
Visit the FERPA website at
High Schools We Serve
8060 Spencer Hwy, Pasadena, TX 77505
Clear Creek ISD
- Clear Lake High School
- Clear Falls High School
Deer Park ISD
- Deer Park High School
- Deer Park Early College Academy (ECA) Program
- César E. Chávez High School
La Porte ISD
- La Porte High School
La Porte Accelerated College Education (ACE) Program
- Pasadena High School
- Pasadena Early College High School
- Pasadena Memorial High School
- Pasadena Memorial Early College High School
- Sam Rayburn High School
- Sam Rayburn Early College High School
- Career & Technical High School (Technical)
- Tegeler Career Center
- First Baptist Christian Academy
- Faith Christian Academy
5800 Uvalde Rd, Houston, TX 77049
Anne Dickens, Director
Galena Park ISD
- Galena Park High School
- Galena Park CTE Early College High School
- North Shore High School
- C. E. King High School
- Sheldon Early College High School
- Channelview High School
- Crosby High School
- Holy Trinity Episcopal
- Family Christian Academy
- Lighthouse Baptist Academy
MECA – Modified Early College Academy (Program)
13735 Beamer Rd.
Houston, TX 77089
Kristen Ross, Director
Clear Creek ISD
- Clear Brook High School
- Clear Horizons Early College High School (ECHS)
- Clear Springs High School
- Clear View High School
- Texas Connections Academy @ Houston
- Career & Technical High School
- J. Frank Dobie Early College High School (ECHS)
- J. Frank Dobie High School
- South Houston Early College High School (ECHS)
- South Houston High School
- Glenda Dawson High School
- Pearland High School
- Robert Turner High School
- Bay Area Christian School
- Beta Academy
- Grace Christian Academy
- Iman Academy Southeast
- Lutheran South Academy