Dual Credit is a form of concurrent enrollment allowing a student to take certain courses at San Jacinto College that earn both college and high school credit. Typically, students take two courses each semester while in high school. By doing this, students can graduate from high school with 24+ hours of college credit! You can earn even more by taking summer courses.
Dual Credit at San Jacinto College is affordable. You pay only 25% of tuition and fees for certain classes that count toward both high school and college, and you may even be covered for that amount if you qualify for the Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG). Check with your high school counselor, the Dual Credit Office, or SJC Financial Aid for more information.
- Earn transferable college credit from an accredited institution to JUMP START a baccalaureate degree.
- Reduce the number of college classes you’ll have to take after high school graduation.
- Increased confidence for College Success.
- Facilitates the transition between high school and college.
- Utilize college resource and services, including the library, computer labs, and tutoring services.
- Participate in college campus activities.
School Districts With Dual Credit Agreements With North Campus
Galena Park ISD
Early College High Schools
Dual Credit Office – North Campus
Houston, TX 77049
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm