Students Residing Outside the U.S.

If you live outside the U.S. and you’d like to come to San Jacinto College, here are the steps you must take. You can also download an application checklist that covers these steps. If you have any questions, please call 281-998-6150.

Initial Admissions Checklist

The application process is very simple and you can do it all right here online.

Apply now

An account and profile must be setup before applying. When asked to submit Social Security numbers please leave blank.

  • Applications are processed in 2- 3 business days. 
  • Once your application is processed, you will receive an email with your G number (student ID number) and the steps to Claim Your Student Account. You must set up your student account to upload your electronic international admission forms. 
  • Make sure to enter the full address you used on your application to Claim Your Account
  • Trouble Claiming Your Account? Contact Tech Support at 281-998-6137 for assistance. 

We will need official transcripts or notarized copies from your high school, as well as any colleges or universities you have attended – either in the U.S. or abroad. We also need proof that you have had these transcripts evaluated by an accepted evaluation company from this list.

Accepted Evaluation Companies.

Since classes at San Jacinto College are taught in English, proficiency is required for students whose native language is not English.  Test scores allow us to accurately advise students into classes that will offer the best opportunity for success.  Depending on your scores, you may be admitted to our academic programs or required to enter our English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) program to continue building your English skills. TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for two years

You may be admitted in the ESOL Program with a minimum score of:


450 (Paper-Based Test)

45 (Internet-Based Test)

Accuplacer ESL

60 (Reading); 2 (Write Placer); 53 (Sentence Meaning); 53 (Language Meaning); 53 (Listening)


Band 4 range

Note: If you score below these levels, you can improve your English through the non-credit ESL program, which is taught through our Continuing & Professional Development (CPD) division.  However, F1 students are not eligible to enroll in CPD to maintain their F1 Visa Status.

You may be admitted to an Academic Program with a minimum score of: 


525 (Paper-Based test) *subject to change

70 (Internet-Based test) *subject to change


Band 6 range *subject to change


Native students from the following countries are exempt from proving English proficiency:

Australia, The Bahamas, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Cameroon, Cayman Islands, English speaking Canadian provinces, The Fiji Islands, Gambia, Ghana, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Liberia, Malta, Nauru, Nigeria, New Zealand, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Tobago Trinidad, Uganda, United Kingdom, The Virgin Islands, the West Indies, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.

We want to make sure your education won’t be interrupted by lack of finances, so we require proof that you have at least $31, 977 U.S. dollars of financial support. This is the estimated educational and living expense for one year at San Jacinto College. If you’re bringing family we will need proof of an additional $6,000 for your spouse and $3,500 for each additional dependent. 


Based on your sponsor’s status, provide us the following:

Sponsor Financial Information (maximum (2) sponsors per student)

Show proof of financial support by completing the required form and provide one (1) additional piece of documentation. All financial information must also include equivalencies in U.S. dollars.

Affidavit of Support Form

Submit one (1) additional piece of documentation below:

  • The most recent three (3) months of bank statements (checking and savings accounts only) on official bank letterhead from sponsor(s). The ending balance for each month must show the amount of at least $31, 977.


  •  A statement/letter on bank letterhead and signed by a bank official that certifies the sponsor’s name, average balance, and affirmation that deposits have been made over the last year (letter must be recent as of three (3) months).


  • A letter from Employer on company letterhead signed by your supervisor, stating annual income (letter must be recent as of three (3) months).


  • Most recent U.S. Income Tax Return.

Please read carefully and initial each statement.

F-1 Memorandum of Understanding Form

Submit the Information Release Form.

Please note: we will send your international documents according to the delivery mode you have selected on this form. If someone will be picking up documents on your behalf, include their information on this form. If the delivery mode changes, please update this information as soon as possible with International Services.

Information Release Form

We will need a copy of the first page of your passport showing your name, date of birth, and expiration date.  The expiration date must be more than six months away. Save a copy of the passport in PDF format to upload in the next step. 

You need your I-20 in order to apply for your F-1 Student Visa at the U.S. Embassy.

All international admission documents will be uploaded as attachments in PDF format under the Application for I-20 Form. 

Application for I-20 Form

Once you’ve gathered everything above, upload your international admission documents through the electronic Application for I-20 as attachments. Make sure to select Initial Application.  

International admission documents will be submitted electronically by completing steps above. If you would like to review the international admission process we encourage you to schedule an appointment. 

To schedule an appointment select here. Then select International Services, select appointment type (On-Campus or Virtual), select South Campus, then select Reason for Visit- New Student/Admission Process and select the date and time. 


For questions and assistance, contact

Once we receive all of your documents, International Student Services will process your file. Documents will be delivered as indicated on the Information Release Form. Your SEVIS ID number will appear in the upper right corner of the form, and our school code will be at the bottom of box 2. You’ll need these for the next step.

All first-time F-1 students have to pay the I-901 SEVIS fee of US $350 prior to your interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Please visit for further information and payment instructions.

Take your official I-20 to the American Embassy in your home country to apply for your F-1 Student Visa. This allows you to come to the United States and enroll at San Jacinto College.