Transfer Students Residing Inside the U.S.

International Students may be admitted for any semester throughout the year. An F-1 student is eligible to transfer if they are in valid F-1 status at the time of transfer. There can be no more than a 5-month gap between schools from the last date of attendance OR the last day of Post Optional Practical Training (OPT).

Upcoming Semesters

Spring 2023 Semester begins January 17, 2023
Summer 2023 Semester begins June 5, 2023
Fall 2023 Semester begins August 28, 2023

Priority Dates

Applications must be received on or before the priority date listed below. If your application is completed after the priority date, your admission will be deferred to the next available semester. 


Priority Date

Fall semester- Classes begin in August 

August 1st 

Spring Semester- Classes begin in January January 1st
Summer Semester- Classes begin in June May 15th 


Note: There may be certain Academic programs that F-1 international students are not allowed to be enrolled in. View a list of those programs on our FAQ page.

Virtual Information Sessions

Upcoming Dates

**Time is in Central Time Zone**

November 2022

November 14, 2022 at 3pm

November 16, 2022 at 9am

November 21, 2022 at 3pm


December 2022

December 5, 2022 at 3pm

December 14, 2022 at 9am


January 2023

January 9, 2023 at 9am

January 23, 2023 at 3pm

Learn about the required documentation and application process during our Virtual Information Sessions. 

Information Sessions are held via Zoom. 

Register in advance for a session: 

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

1. Gather Required Documents
  • Transferring from another college/university?

         College Transcripts:  Unofficial transcripts will be used for processing transfer admissions ONLY. Gather unofficial copies of transcripts from all previous colleges/universities attended. An official transcript will still be required to enroll in courses.


  • Completed an intensive English as a Second Language program only?

         International transcripts must be evaluated by an approved agency. Contact any agency listed here-Accepted Evaluation Company. You will be required to submit proof of English Language Proficiency. You may be admitted to an Academic Program with a minimum score of: 


525 (Paper-Based test) 

70 (Internet-Based test) 


Band 6 range 

Accuplacer ESL

110- Reading

6- Writer Placer

109- Sentence Meaning

109- Language Use

93- Listening


We want to make sure your education won’t be interrupted by lack of finances, so we require proof that you have at least $31,977 U.S. dollars of financial support. If you’re bringing family, we will need proof of an additional $6,000 for your spouse and $3,500 for each dependent. This is the estimated educational and living expense for one year at San Jacinto College.


Sponsor Financial Information

Maximum (2) sponsors per student.

Sponsor(s) should complete the Affidavit of Support Form and submit one (1) additional piece of documentation below:

  • The most recent three (3) months of bank statements (checking and savings accounts only) on official bank letterhead from sponsor(s). The ending balance for each month must show the amount of at least $31,977.
  •  A statement/letter on bank letterhead and signed by a bank official that certifies the sponsor’s name, average balance, and affirmation that deposits have been made over the last year (letter must be recent as of three (3) months).
  • A letter from Employer on company letterhead signed by your supervisor, stating annual income (letter must be recent as of three (3) months).
  • Most recent U.S. Income Tax Return.

All financial information must also include equivalencies in U.S. dollars.

Your dependent spouse and children (unmarried and under the age of 21), may apply for an F-2 visa to accompany you in the United States while you are in F-1 student status. 

Required items:
  • Proof of marriage for a spouse; If the marriage certificate is not in English, please provide a copy of the marriage certificate and the official English translation.
  • Proof of birth for a child (birth certificate); If the birth certificate is not in English, please provide a copy of the birth certificate and the official English translation
  • Copy of passport page(s) showing name, date of birth, place of birth and citizenship for all dependents (spouse and children)

1. Passport: First page of your passport showing your name, date of birth, and expiration date. Passport must be valid.

2. F-1 Visa: Visa page from your passport or I-797 Notice of Action required.

3. I-94 card: I-94 card must reflect entrance under an F-1 visa. To get the most recent I-94 visit this site:

4. Previous I-20's: Gather all I-20's issued from each institution attended under an F-1 visa.

Read carefully the F-1 Memorandum of Understanding. Download and complete the form.

F-1 Memorandum of Understanding.

Download and complete the form.

I-20 Release Form

Acceptance documents will be sent to the e-mail address placed on this form.


Notify an international student advisor at your current school that you intend to transfer. 

Download the form below and fill out the top half. Then, have your international advisor at your current school fill out the bottom half.

SEVIS Transfer Release Form

2. Submit Admission Documents

An open-admissions institution, San Jacinto College offers a free online application through*.

To apply, set up an account and make sure you choose San Jac in your application. Submit the application for your intended transfer in semester.

  • When asked to submit Social Security numbers please leave blank.
  • Applications are processed in 2- 3 business days. 

​Once your application is processed, you will receive a Welcome email from San Jacinto College with your G number (student ID number) and the steps to Claim Your Student Account.

  • You must set up your student account to upload your electronic international admission forms. 
  • Make sure to enter the full address you used on your application to Claim your Student Account.
  • Trouble Claiming Your Account? Contact Tech Support at 281-998-6137 for assistance. 

All international admission documents will be uploaded as attachments in PDF format under the Application for I-20 Form. 

  • Open the Application for I-20 Form 
  • Log in with your credentials created in Step 2
  • Select Transfer Application and complete all information
  • At the bottom of the form, upload all required documents in PDF format 
  • Electronically sign and submit the application.

Expect a response within 7-10 business days.

Once we receive all of your documents, International Student Services will process your file. 

Allow our office 7-10 business days to process your application.

You will receive an official International Student Transfer Acceptance Letter and further registration guidance. Submit this acceptance letter to your International Advisor so that they can schedule a date to transfer your SEVIS record to our institution.

College Transcripts: You will need to submit an official transcript from each college or university you’ve attended. Transcripts are used not only to establish a TSI exemption but completion of pre-requisites.

  • Transcripts should be sent to:

San Jacinto College - Records Management
13735 Beamer Road
Houston, TX 77089

3. Finalize Enrollment Steps

Inform our office once your current institution finalizes the transfer of your SEVIS record to San Jacinto College. 

A "Transfer Pending" I-20 will be issued once your SEVIS record is transferred. 

All incoming Texas college students under the age of 22 must receive a vaccination or booster against bacterial meningitis prior to registration. Click here for more information on this requirement or contact

Already have your immunization? Find out how to submit records.

Transfer students with less than 12 credit hours must meet with an Admissions Advisor prior to registration.

Students with more than 12 credit hours are not required to meet with an Admissions Advisor, however, it is strongly recommended.

 Appointments are recommended.

Schedule an Appointment


Please be prepared to present a valid photo ID at the start of your appointment (state, federal, San Jac or high school ID). If no ID is presented, any information shared will be limited.