Spring 2021 Commencement
Saturday, May 15, 2021
Graduates can purchase their regalia in person at their campus bookstore (please follow COVID protocol for coming on to campus). On-line ordering is no longer available for May 2021 ceremony.
- Women wear their caps throughout the ceremony. Men remove their caps for the Invocation.
- Out of respect and dignity of the ceremony we ask that graduates do not decorate or alter their caps or gowns in any way.
- No high school cords, stoles, medals, or tassels are allowed to be worn (with the exception of early college high school medals, see below).
- Only approved specialty regalia, cords, stoles, medals, or tassels will be allowed to be worn.
- See below for approved specialty regalia
Approved specialty regalia
All approved specialty regalia is to be worn over your gown and are determined by advisor.
- Honors graduates - medals
- Phi Theta Kappa - gold stole or blue and gold cords
- National Technical Honor Society - grey and purple cords or grey, purple or white stole
- Early College High School - San Jacinto College medallion
- Veterans - red, white and blue cords