Have Your Future Translate to Success
Today, working for a company or organization often means going to work in the global marketplace. People around the world are more connected than ever as we engage in international trade, worldwide government interaction and global outreach. The people who can help us make these connections – people who have mastered more than one language – are in high demand. Mastery of a foreign language often gives you an advantage over other job candidates, and many positions demand this skill set.
Open the Door to Multiple Opportunities
Today is a great time to study a foreign language, and you can learn the world’s most prevalent languages at San Jacinto College. Our associate’s degree program will teach you to read, write and communicate in Spanish, French, German or Chinese. Learn one or more of these languages and you will be better prepared for an exciting life in the international business, education, government or nonprofit sectors.
- Interpreter/translator - $52,598*
- Foreign language instructor (secondary) - $59,750*
- Foreign language instructor (post-secondary) - $65,616*
*Source: www.TexasWages.com, gulf coast region, 2016
Modern Languages Department - Central Campus
Spanish Cultural Club - Central Campus
- Be enrolled at San Jacinto College
- Have a 2.0 GPA to join.
- Planning presentations/events for the college and the community
- Learning about the Hispanic people, Hispanic culture and Hispanic events, celebrations, food and music.
- Discuss and experience culture through art, music, food, reading, media, powerpoint presentations, Mexican lotería, guest speakers, Spanish Karaoke, etc.
- Other activites as desired by the club members
Meetings held in C-3.105
February 5 and 19
March 4 and 25