Our grants are designed to develop college and career readiness skills that include language, academic, and workforce instruction. Funding for our programs is provided by the Houston Galveston Area Council and the Texas Workforce Commission.
The following is a list of the free courses we offer through our grants:
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- English Literacy and Civics
- Adult Basic Education (ABE) for students scoring below a secondary level on academic placement tests.
- Adult Secondary Education (ASE) for students scoring at a secondary level on academic placement tests. This class includes but is not limited to preparation for a high school equivalency (HSE) test.
- Internationally Trained Professionals (ITP) for students who completed a Bachelor's Degree or higher in another country wanting to learn more about educational and employment systems in the United States.
- Contextualized Education / Integrated Education and Training (IET) to assist students in developing and improving soft skills, academic skills, and / or linguistic skills while participating in workforce training.
- Maximum class limit is 25 students in each section.
Pre-requirements and information:
- Registration and Pre-testing are required before any instruction begins to determine program eligibility.
- A valid, current, government-issued photo ID is required for all participants at registration.
- Waiting lists will be maintained for students if maximum occupancy is reached in any given program.
- Registration is in person and on a first-come first-served basis
- *Students 19 and over are eligible for the program. Students over the age of 16 may be considered for entry into the program if they meet certain criteria.
- Day and evening classes are offered in a variety of locations in the vicinity of each of our 3 College Campuses.
|Please note that as of March 13, 2020 the college will be closed to students and visitors the week of March 16-20, 2020. Please click on the following link to get more information regarding this closure: https://www.sanjac.edu/coronavirus|
San Jacinto College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. (Please request reasonable accommodations a minimum of two business days in advance.) Relay Texas Numbers: 1-800-735-2989 (TDD) 1-800-735-2988 (Voice) or 711. Adult education and literacy services are provided with support from the Gulf Coast Workforce Board to help individuals find a job, keep a job, or get a better job. San Jacinto College District supports, and the Board is committed to, providing a learning and working environment that promotes personal integrity, civility, and mutual respect free of discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and gender expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
For additional grant information, contact: