Course Length: 16 hours
Students must be clean shaven for this class, to ensure proper fitting of the SCBA mask.
Basic Fire Fighting is a 2-day USCG & STCW approved course that provided the student with the knowledge and skills to not only combat a shipboard fire, but also identify and correct defects and thus prevent fires from occurring.
Students who successfully complete this class will satisfy:
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting per STCW Code Section A-VI/1;
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.302(a)(2) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(2);
- Basic Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.201(h)(2) [Basic only] and 46 CFR 11.201(h)(3);
- The fire fighting requirements for a national tankerman endorsement in 46 CFR 13.201(c)(3), 13.301(c)(3); 13.401(d) and 13.501(c)(3) and
- All the associated TASKs from NVIC 08-14, Assessment Guidelines for Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting:
2.1.A, 2.2.A, 2.3.A, 2.4.A, 2.5.A, 2.5.B, 2.5.C, 2.6.A, 2.7.A, 2.8.A, 2.8.B, 2.8.C, 2.9.A, 2.9.B, 3.1.A, 3.2.A, 3.2.B, 3.3.A, 3.4.A, 3.4.B, 3.5.A, 3.6.A, 3.7.A, 3.8.A, 3.8.B, 3.8.C, and 3.8.D..