Course Length: 40 hours
Clothing: Long pants, closed toed shoes with socks, short sleeve shirt (no tank tops)
Students must be clean shaven for this class, to ensure proper fitting for the SCBA mask.
Combined Basic & Advance Fire Fighting is a 5-day USCG & STCW approved course that provides students with the required training for basic and advance fire fighting in a convenient 5 day format.
Students who successfully complete Combined Basic & Advance Fire Fighting will satisfy the following requirements:
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting per STCW Code Section A-VI/1;
- Advanced Fire Fighting per STCW Code Section A-VI/3;
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.302(a)(2) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(2);
- Basic and Advanced Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.201(h)(2) and 46 CFR 11.201(h)(3);
- Advanced Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.303(a);
- Firefighting requirements for a national tankerman endorsement in 46 CFR 13.201(c)(3), 13.301(c)(3); 13.401(d); and 13.501(c)(3); and
The following Tasks from the National Assessment Guidelines of NVIC 08-14 Basic Training: 2.1.A thru 3.8.D of the Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting section (complete); and NVIC 09-14 Advanced Fire Fighting: 1.1.A thru 4.1.C (complete).