Dear San Jacinto College students and employees,
It has been an unprecedented couple of weeks at San Jacinto College and throughout our country, as we all work to remain healthy and continue our daily work and lives as best we can. We thank you for all of the work you have put in to continuing the teaching and learning at San Jacinto College, and for your flexibility as we transitioned classes to an online format this semester. Chancellor Hellyer has a video message for you.
Have a safe and healthy weekend!
Stop the Spread!
A few simple steps can greatly reduce the risk of transmission of coronavirus and many other illnesses: Stop The Spread!
We appreciate everyone’s patience and flexibility during this evolving situation as the College works through the complex issues surrounding our altered operations.
The altered operations will begin on Monday, March 23, 2020, and will continue for the forseeable future. As the COVID-19 situation develops, the College will make operational decisions about how to proceed at that time.
Below are the operational decisions that have been made thus far. Many more items are in the works and will be updated here as they become available.
- All general education courses will be delivered online.
- All technical courses will be delivered through a combination of online and face-to-face by appointment, and in groups of no more than 10 people total. Faculty will deliver specific details to their students.
- College staff will work remotely unless otherwise directed by their leader beginning at 8 a.m. on Friday, March 20, 2020.
- All College facilities will be closed unless otherwise noted for face-to-face course delivery. No visitors and no students other than those notified by their faculty are allowed.
- The child care centers have been closed across all campuses.
- All College athletics have been suspended for the remainder of the spring semester, per the NJCAA’s decision.
- Advising will now be provided online. To schedule a virtual appointment visit http://appointments.sjcd.edu/. The below departments are available to assist you:
- Career and Employment
- Educational Planning, Counseling and Completion
- Financial Aid
- Student Engagement – Food Distribution
- Veteran Services
Please refer to our FAQs About College Operations, FAQs for Employees, and Student Resources pages for additional information. These FAQ sites are being updated daily as decisions are being made and plans are being implemented.