*Program extended through September 2021*
The Health Career Pathways Partnership Grant provides tuition-free training to low-income* individuals for select health occupation courses/programs at San Jacinto College. These courses will prepare students to enter the workforce in high demand health professions, or continue their healthcare education to higher income careers.
- Earn a degree or certificate in healthcare - Tuition Free!
- Some programs can be completed in less than 8 weeks.
- Some courses are held; in-person, hybrid or fully online.
- Work-based learning/Internships & job search assistance
- One-on-one counseling with participants that are chosen for the program to help make choices on their career path.
- Certified Nurse Aide
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Community Health
- Dental Assistant (available at partner colleges)
- EKG Technician
- Emergency Medical Services
- Medical Billing
- Medical Coding
- Medical Office Professional
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Health Information Technology
- Eye Care Technology
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Respiratory Care
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Surgical Technician
- Associate degree programs may be approved with a completed short-term course
For eligibility you must be at least 18 years of age, meet certain low income standards, pass both drug/background screens, and complete an ONet Assesment. We require the following document eligibility:
- Program eligibility is limited to individuals who are citizens of the United States or who meet the immigrant eligibility requirements for federal public benefits.
- Income Requirements (One of):
- TANF or SNAP
- Medicaid/CHIPS/STAR/Affordable Healthcare
- Free/Reduced Priced Lunches
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Harris Health Gold Card or regional equivalent
- Section 8 Housing
- Valid Unemployment Documentation
- 150% below poverty level depending family income and size
How to apply:
1. Upload eligibility requirement: https://form.jotform.com/hcppgrant/hpog - please upload 2 forms of valid government issued ID and a benefits letter showing you are currently enrolled in some financial benefits, or the last 2 months pay checks.
2. Complete the application survey and return via email to email@example.com NOTE: In efforts to protect private personal information such as DOB, SSN, should be left blank and will completed during the one on one phone interviews
If it is determined that you may be a candidate for the HPOG HCPP Program, You will receive instructions for attending a virtual information session, and provided instructions on how to complete the drug screen and background checks.
For grant information, contact:
HPOG Website: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ofa/programs/hpog
The Health Profession Opportunity Grant (HPOG) is a study funded by the federal government which is being conducted to determine how these training opportunities help people improve their skills and find better jobs. During the study, all new eligible applicants will be selected by lottery to participate in these training opportunities. Not all eligible applicants will be selected to participate in these opportunities.
“This document was supported by Grant 90FX0035-01-00 from the Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS). Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of HHS.”