- Most parts-of-term will remain available to meet department and student scheduling needs.
- Start and stop dates for parts-of-term that previously ended in the 15th week (13 Week parts-of-term and 3rd 5-week parts-of-term) will be shifted to end during the 16th week, except for sections that meet once a week on Friday or Saturday, which will end in the 15th week.
- Final Exams will be given during the assigned class time in the assigned room.
- If Faculty held all regularly scheduled classes during the semester, these options meet the minimum required contact hours. If Faculty varied from the regular class schedule during the semester, they should work with their Department Chair to select an option that meets required contact hours for the course.
Faculty should schedule the final exam for each section based on the criteria below:
- ALL PARTS OF TERM EXCEPT 16 WEEK – Faculty will give the final exam on the last day of class.
- 16 WEEK PARTS OF TERM – Class times will remain the same during the 16th week, formally called “Finals Week.” See below for specifics:
- 16 week CLASSES THAT MEET ONCE A WEEK – Faculty will give the final exam during normal class time during the 16th week.
- 16 week CLASSES THAT MEET TWICE A WEEK – Faculty will choose from the three options below to meet the needs of their students.
- Option 1- Students will take the final exam on Day 1 and class will not meet on Day 2.
- Option 2- Students will take the final exam on Day 2. Faculty may schedule other class activities or give students a study day on Day 1.
- Option 3 – Students will take part 1 of the final exam on Day 1 and part 2 of the final exam on Day 2.
- 16 week CLASSES THAT MEET THREE TIMES A WEEK – Faculty will choose one of the two options below to meet the needs of their students.
- Option 1- Faculty may hold class all three times during the 16th week to complete class activities and give the final exam.
- Option 2- Faculty must hold class at least two times during the 16th week to complete class activities and give the final exam.
NOTE: The 2-hour Final Exam Schedule used in the past will be discontinued.