About the Market
San Jacinto College is aware that many students are still in need of assistance during this time. Therefore, we are keeping our Food Markets open at each campus, with altered operations, in collaboration with the Houston Food Bank. The only requirement to utilize the market is that you are currently enrolled in classes. In order to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, the following procedures are in place to receive food through this program:
- All Food Market services will be done through curbside pickup. Students may follow this link to make your appointment. If a student has registered a sub-shopper with the Houston Food Bank, that person may set an appointment on their behalf.
- You can select an appointment time at http://appointments.sanjac.edu/sea.aspx up to two weeks in advance.
- Select your Campus
- Under Department, select Student Engagement and Activities
- Select your desired date and time.
- In order to prevent infection, guests will be directed to a designated parking area, and our staff will load food into the trunk of your car. For everyone’s health and safety, we ask that you do not bring any other family members or guests on-campus with you.
- You may set an appointment for any of our three campus locations. However, you still may not exceed 30 pounds of products per week.
- Once your appointment request is received, we will verify that you are currently enrolled at San Jacinto College and are signed up for the Food for Change Program through the Houston Food Bank. If you are currently enrolled, but have not signed up for the Food for Change program, a team member will assist you with enrolling in the program when you arrive.
Food Market Hours (By Appointment)
- Central Campus (located in the C14 parking lot) - Tuesdays 1-4pm & Wednesdays 9am-4pm
- North Campus (located in the N12 parking lot) - Wednesdays 9am - 4pm
- South Campus (located in the S11 parking lot) - Wednesdays 9am–4pm & Thursdays 9am–12pm
Please keep in mind that we are limited to what food and supplies we receive from our partners at the Houston Food Bank. For this reason, we will prepackage your food distribution and cannot guarantee the availability or quantity of any specific items. However, we are committed to providing a balanced variety of food in every distribution using what we have available.
If you have a small donation simply bring the items to the Student Engagement & Activities between 8AM-5PM Monday thru Friday.
For larger donations please contact your Student Engagement & Activities Office to arrange a drop off time.
If your organization is interested in hosting a food drive to benefit the Food Market, please contact your Student Engagement & Activities Office.